Are you encountering the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error? If your answer is YES, then don’t worry you are not alone.
Many Outlook users get strange error messages while using Outlook services. The full error message is “Outlook something went wrong refresh the application”.
As you can see the error message itself mentioned that you need to refresh the Outlook app to resolve this problem.
But for some users refreshing the app does not resolve the problem and they continue to face the same error.
To help them resolve the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error, we decided to write this article and provide them with some effective methods.
What Causes The “Outlook Refresh the Application” Error Message?
Several reasons may lead to the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error. Some common causes include:
- Corrupted Or Outdated Data Files: You may be encountering the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error because Outlook data files are corrupted.
- Add-Ins and Extensions: Sometimes, you are facing issues in Outlook because installed Add-Ins or extensions interfere with app functionality. In that case, removing the third-party extension or Add-Ins will possibly fix your problem.
- Issues With Internet Connectivity: Outlook is an online service that required a stable internet connection. It may be possible that you are encountering the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error because there is an issue with your internet connection or getting an unstable internet connection.
- Corrupted Cache Files: It is also possible that you are facing issues in Outlook because its cache gets corrupted. In that case, clearing the cache files will fix your problem.
How to Fix the “Outlook Refresh the Application” Error
To fix the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error, you can try refreshing the Outlook page or restart your web browser.
If refreshing the page or restarting the web browser does not work for you then follow the below-mentioned methods to fix this problem.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Weak and Unstable internet connection may cause various technical issues. It is possible that you are getting the “Outlook something went wrong refresh the application” error message because there are some issues with your internet connection.
In that case, you need to check your internet connection and apply troubleshooting methods if you find any issues.
Method 2: Update Outlook
To avoid these types of errors and issues, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of the app.
If you are using the older version of the Outlook app then you need to update it to the latest version.
Method 3: Disable Add-ins
If you have a stable internet connection and you are using the latest version but still getting the same error message then the next thing you need to do is Disable Add-ins in Microsoft Outlook.
Before that, you need to run Outlook in safe mode and check whether Add-ins are causing the issues or not.
Here is how you can run Outlook in safe mode:
- Press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open Run Prompt.
- Now type
outlook.exe /safeinto the text box and hit Enter.
- This will run Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode.
If running Microsoft Outlook in safe mode works for you then it is likely an add-in causing the issue.
You need to remove Add-ins to resolve the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error. Here is how you can do it,
- Launch the Outlook app and go to Files.
- Select Options from the left menu and click on Add-Ins.
- Under the Manage section select the COM Add-Ins and click GO.
- A pop-up window will open with a list of Add-Ins, uncheck all the checkboxes to disable all the add-ins and click OK.
Now, restart Outlook to save the changes and see if your problem is fixed.
Method 4: Reinstall Outlook
Sometimes, you might be encountering various problems because there is an issue with your app files.
In that case, Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will fix all installation file-related issues. If you have tried all three methods but still getting the same error message then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to fix your problem.
Method 5: Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you then the last thing you need to do is contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the “Outlook Refresh the Application” error.