Is Office 365 shared Mailbox not showing in Outlook? If your answer is YES then look no further as we have got you covered.
In organizations, they use Shared Mailboxes that multiple users can access to send and receive emails.
Shared Mailbox also known as Office 365 has a common calendar that allows users to create, schedule, and share various work-related tasks.
Unlike a user mailbox, Shared Mailbox does not have a username and password to access this mailbox. Users must have full access permissions to use it to send and receive messages.
In previous days, many people reported that they are not able to see or view it in their Outlook client even though they have full access permissions assigned by an administrator.
If you are facing the same issue and are looking for solutions to this problem then don’t look further.
In this article, we will teach you some easy methods that will help you resolve Shared Mailbox not showing in Outlook problem.
Without any further ado let’s start solving this problem:
How to Fix Office 365 Shared Mailbox Not Showing in Outlook (2023)
To make your work easier, we have enlisted a bunch of methods that can be used to resolve Office 365 Shared Mailbox not showing in Outlook.
To know what those methods are and how they work, you need to keep on reading:
Method 1: Generate and Check Logs
In this method, we are going to generate the Logs and check them to fix the error. If you don’t the steps then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Outlook and go to the File and then select Option.
- There, you will see multiple options on the left side of the window. From there, click on the Advance option.
- Under the Others option-click and check the Enable troubleshooting logging (requires restarting Outlook) option and click on OK.
- That’s it.
- Logs are generated in the %localappdata%/Temp folder or C:/Users/UserName/AppData/Temp folder location.
- Navigate to these locations and check the log.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Disable Auto-Mapping
This method is only for Admin. If you are not an admin then you can try another method to resolve Shared Mailbox not showing in Outlook problem.
However, in this method, we are going to Disable the Auto-Mapping feature which is responsible for automatically loading the Shared Mailbox whenever a user launches Outlook.
Sometimes users face the Shared Mailbox not showing in Outlook problem because Auto-Mapping not working properly. In that case, you have to manually disable the Auto-Mapping using the command line interface.
If you don’t know how to disable auto-mapping using the command then follow the steps written below:
- Open PowerShell on your computer with Run as administrator permission and run the following command.
- $Credential = Get-Credential
- When you run this command, it will ask you to enter your Credentials.
- Now, enter your credentials and click on the OK button.
- Now, you need to establish connections and for that, you need to run the following command.
$ExchangeSession = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri “https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid” -Credential $credential -Authentication “Basic” –AllowRedirection
- You have to start the Exchange Online Session to run the given command.
- Once you successfully establish the connection, you must remove all permissions to access the Shared Mailbox. Use the below command to do that.
- Once you removed the permissions, you have to assign the full access permissions to the Shared Mailbox again by using the following command.
- Now, you have to add the Shared Mailbox to the Outlook account.
- Repeat the above steps for each user to give full access permissions.
- Once you complete the above steps, your will be able to access the Shared Mailbox again in Outlook.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Add Shared Mailbox Manually
The third method needs you to add a shared mailbox manually. If you don’t know how to do it manually then follow the steps written below:
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Under the Account, settings choose Account Settings from the menu.
- Now, select the Email tab, ensure the current account will be highlighted, and then choose Change.
- Now, click on More Settings, and under the Advance Settings, choose Add.
- There, you need to type the Shared email address.
- Then click Ok > Apply > Ok.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the Office 365 Shared Mailbox Not Showing in Outlook.