Discord is a VoIP and instant messaging social platform. This platform has a very large user base. A Discord Handle is used as a unique identifier for this platform’s users.
It is commonly referred to as a Discord ID. Let us learn more about Discord handles with this guide. We will also explain how you can find a Discord ID on your desktop or mobile.
Also Read > How to Turn Off Discord Soundboard
So, without wasting any more time, let us take a closer look at the Discord handle below.
What Is A Discord Handle?
As we explained above, a Discord Handle is a unique identifier for Discord users. It is an 18-digit number that is unique to a particular account.
Apart from user accounts, servers, channels, and even messages have their own unique ID on Discord. This is helpful for quick identification and organization.
However, since it is rare that users ever actually need their Discord handles, the average user does not know a lot about them.
Apart from a Discord Handle, users also get a 4-digit Discord Tag which is another unique identifier for a user. The digits can range anywhere between 0000 to 9999.
The only time you might actually need your Discord handle is while filing a complaint or seeking assistance from Discord’s customer support.
Another use for the Discord handle is in designing a Discord bot or integration. You will need Discord IDs to allow specific users to grant access to the bot.
However, Discord handles are not like passwords. It does not really matter if another user knows your Discord ID. It cannot be used against you in any form.
Now that you know what a Discord handle is and what it is used for, you might want to know how to find your Discord handle.
Also Read > How to Change Discord Username
How To Find Your Discord Handle?
The process of finding your Discord handle varies slightly from desktop to mobile. We have detailed the method for finding your Discord ID on both of these platforms below.
How To Find Your Discord ID On Desktop?
If you wish to find your Discord handle on a desktop, you can follow the steps given below to do so.
- Start Discord on your PC.
- Next, click the Settings icon. This is located at the bottom left.
- Here, go to the App Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- From the list of options, select Developer Mode and turn it on.
- Now you will be able to see your Discord ID as well as others.
To see your Discord ID, repeat the process listed below.
- Go to the Settings icon. It is located at the bottom left.
- Tap the three dots that are situated next to your username.
- Now, you will see a Copy ID option.
- You can now paste and view your Discord handle.
- To see the Discord handle of other users, you can repeat the same process on their profile.
How To Find Your Discord ID On Mobile App?
The process of finding your Discord handle on the mobile app is similar. You can follow the steps given below to find your Discord ID on the mobile app.
- Go to the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Open the app and click on the hamburger menu icon. This can be found in the top left corner.
- Click on your profile picture. This is in the bottom right corner.
- Select the Advanced option from the menu.
- Turn Developer Mode on.
- Return to Settings and click on the three dots in the right corner.
- Select the Copy ID option.
- You can now paste your Discord handle anywhere.
This is everything you need to know about a Discord handle and how to find it. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.