Do you want to change your username in Discord? If your answer is YES then you are at the right place.
Discord has just rolled out a new update allowing users to change their username like Facebook and Instagram.
Earlier, the Discord username system required a four-digit number followed by hashtag #. Since the previous system was difficult for users to find a specific person on Discord, the creators of the platform have made changes to its username system.
In a few weeks from now, no Discord users will have a username containing # and four-digit. number. With the launch of Username Update, Discord users will have a username containing @ and their desired username.
Once this update is rolled out completely, it will be pretty easy to find a specific person, friend or family member of Discord by using their username.
Since the update is yet to be rolled out completely, a lot of Discord users are having a hard time changing their usernames.
While you are here, you might be one of those Discord users. Don’t you? If this is the case then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Change Discord Username In 2023?
To change your username on Discord, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, launch the Discord application on your PC or Mobile.
- Once launched, tap on the Settings icon.
- Now, go to the ‘My Account‘ section.
- There, you will see a notification like the below picture.
- If you have not got this notification, you will have to wait it out.
- Once you have got this notification, it means you are eligible to change your Discord username.
- Now, click on the Edit button located next to the Username.
- Now, select your username within Discord’s specified rules.
- That’s it.
Note: Your Discord username must be at least 2 characters or at most 32 characters. In your username on Discord, you can use Latin characters (a-z), numbers (0-9) or certain special characters (_ and .).
Notably, the process of changing usernames on Discord on Mobile and PC are the same.