Has your Venmo suddenly stopped working? Is your Venmo app not working or crashing? Is your Venmo App showing an error? Are you facing a Venmo Not Working Issue?
It is quite frustrating when an app stops functioning when we need it for some important work.
So if you too are facing issues or errors while using the Venmo app then do not worry as you are not the only one facing the issue. In this article, we shall explain the reason that led to this problem.
Apart from explaining the reasons, we will share with you a bunch of fixes and tips to get the app working again. If you want to resolve the Venmo app crashing or not working issue, make sure to follow the steps written below.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
What is Venmo App?
Venmo is a mobile payment service app owned by PayPal. The app is designed to make it easy for users to pay, transfer and save their money and is available on both Android and iOS. You just need to create an account and link it to your card to make instant transfers.
A two-step verification system is applied for secure money transactions. A PIN code has to be entered before any transactions can be made. You can also use it across retailers and merchant services to pay your bills.
Reasons For Venmo Not Working Issue?
Unstable Internet Connection: As Venmo is an internet-based application a stable internet connection is needed to use it. If the internet is slow or unstable then the Venmo Not Working issue is faced..
Outdated Version of App: If your Venmo app is not updated then using an outdated version of your Venmo app may have you facing some problems.
Bugs & Glitches: If there are some issues with the app you may face an error caused due to bugs and glitches
Cache Issue: If the cache data is overcrowded, then the performance is negatively impacted.
Venmo Server Down: If the Venmo app server is down or under maintenance you may the error.
How To Solve Venmo Not Working Issue (2023)
Here are a bunch of methods to resolve the Venmo crashing or no working problem:
Check Internet Connection:
- Make sure your internet connection is on and if it is slow then do a speed test. Contact your service provider if the network is slow or unstable.
- You can also switch to Wi-Fi from Mobile Data to solve the issue
- From Wi-Fi to Mobile data can also do the trick.
Relaunch Venmo App
Relaunch the Venmo app from your phone settings.. This may solve the Venmo Not Working Issue as it clears minor bugs and glitches.
Force-Stop Venmo App on Android:
- Open Settings on an Android phone.
- Go to the apps and Applications
- Search for the Venmo app on the applications list
- Tap on Venmo App.
- Next, tap on the Force Stop button.
- Relaunch the app again.
Force-Stop Venmo App on iPhone:
- Double-tap on the home button.
- Check the apps list on the screen
- Swipe to find the Venmo app there.
- Swipe up the Venmo app
- Force Close the applications.
Clear App Cache:
Sometimes due to an overflowing cache, you may face issues with the Venmo App. So clearing the cache may solve the issue.
How to Clear Cache & Data on Android:
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Go to the Apps and Applications list
- Search for the Venmo app and tap on it.
- Go to the Storage option.
- Click on Clear Cache.
How to Clear Venmo App Cache on iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Go to iPhone Storage.
- Tap on the Venmo app.
- Click on the Offload App button.
Update Venmo App
Update on Android:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System.
- Tap on System Update
- Click on Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available
- Tap on install.
Update on iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Click on Software Update
- Tap on Automatic Updates.
- Tap on Install iOS Updates.
- The latest version will be installed.
If none of the above solutions work then try uninstalling and installing the Venmo App. This may help fix the ‘Venmo app not working’ issue. You can even try to restart/reboot the phone.
Restart Your Phone
Restart Android Phone:
- Hold the power button to see the power menu.
- Click on the Restart option.
- For iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13 users.
- Press the power button and volume button.
- For iPhone SE, iPhone 8, or earlier version users,
- Press only on the power button.
- Press on the option to power off.
- Simply, drag it to the right.
Venmo Server Is Down
Venmo app is connected to their own server so if the server is down or under maintenance then the Venmo app will not work. Check Venmo server status at issitedownrightnow.com if it is down then you will have to wait for some time till the service is restored.
Contact Customer Support
The last step if all other solutions fail is to Contact Customer Support. Let them know about the problem you are facing and share a screenshot of the Venmo Not Working issue. Reach them from this link and wait for their response.
In this article, we have tried to share some fixes to solve the Venmo Not Working Issue hope they are helpful in solving the issue.