The First Descendant is a third-person shooter video game developed by Unreal Engine for PC and Consoles. Like other video games, it is not free from issues, errors and glitches.
There are plenty of problems and errors that players are encountering right now. One of them is The First Descendant stuck on the black screen after startup on PC and Console.
Also Read > The First Descendant Crashing Fix
The majority of players who encountered the black screen problem were PC users. According to their complaints, whenever they launch The First Descendant on their PC and Console, they are stuck on a black screen and no sound is coming from the game.
The worst thing about this black screen problem is it prevents players from accessing the game. If you too are encountering the same problem while launching or playing The First Descendant then don’t look further as we have got you covered.
In this guide, we will explain a bunch of ways that could help you resolve The First Descendant stuck on the black screen after startup.
To learn what those methods are and how they work, you need to keep on reading.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix The First Descendant Stuck On Black Screen Issue (2023)
Here are some possible ways that could resolve the The First Descendant black screen problem:
Method 1: Disable Full Screen Optimization
Disabling the full-screen optimization could fix the black screen issue. If you don’t know to disable it then follow the steps written below:
- First, go to the place where you have installed the game.
- Once you get there, right-click on The First Descendant.exe file and select ‘Properties’.
- After that, you need to go Compatability tab and disable the Fullscreen Optimization.
- Once disabled, make sure to make the save changes.
- Once done, launch the game and check if the error is fixed.
- That’s it.
Also Read > The First Descendant Tier List
2. Update GPU Driver
If your GPU driver is outdated, you are most likely to encounter the black screen problem while launching The First Descendant.
If there is a new update available, make sure to update it to the latest version and then launch the game and check if the error is gone or not.
To update GPU Driver, follow the steps written below:
- First, press the Windows + X.
- Pressing these buttons will open up the Quick Access Menu.
- There, you need to click on ‘Device Manager’.
- Now, double-click on Display Adapters to show more options.
- Once additional options appear, right-click on your GPU driver and then select ‘Update Driver’.
- Once the driver is updated, restart your PC and then launch the game.
- That’s it.
3. Update Windows
The next thing you should do is update your Windows. If you are using an old version of Windows, it is likely that the black screen issue is happening because of that reason.
To update Windows to the latest version, follow the steps written below:
- First, press the Windows + I on your keyboard.
- After that, click on the Windows Update option.
- In the new update, click on the ‘Check for updates’ button.
- If there is a new update available, click on the ‘Download and Install’ button.
- If there is no version available, you will see You’re up to date.
- Once your Windows is updated, restart your PC and then launch The First Descendant and check if the crashing issue is fixed.
- That’s it.
Method 4: Disable Overlay Applications
If you have multiple applications running in the background while playing games like The First Descendant, chances are that you will encounter a black screen or other issues on your PC.
If you want to run The First Descendant smoothly on your PC, make sure to disable overlay applications. If you don’t know how it is done then follow the steps written below:
- First, open the Steam Client.
- Once opened, go to Library and then right-click on The First Descendant.
- After that, you need to select Properties.
- Now, go to the General section and uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay option.
- Once done, head back to the Library and then relaunch the game and check if the error is fixed.
- That’s it.
5. Update The First Descendant
Since the game has just been launched, the devs have been releasing new updates frequently. Whenever you encounter a Black screen problem while launching the game, make sure to go to Steam and check if there is a ne update available.
If there is a new update available then follow the steps written below to update it to the latest version:
- First, launch Steam and go to the Library.
- There, you need to click on The First Descendant.
- When you do so, the Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Once the game is updated, reboot the PC.
- Once restarted, launch the game and check if the error is gone.
- That’s it.
These are some easy ways to resolve The First Descendant black screen after startup problem on a PC.