Roblox users have to encounter numerous errors, glitches, and issues while playing their favourite game.
The latest error that they are having is “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” in Roblox.
This error message appears in Roblox Studio and while launching a game on Roblox. The worst thing about this Roblox error is whenever it pops up, Roblox crashes preventing users from playing the game.
If you are also getting the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox and want to fix it then make sure to read this guide till the end.
In this guide, you’ll learn all possible reasons that could cause an “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox and how to fix it.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
What Causes “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox?
You must be experiencing the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox because of several reasons.
To make your work easier, we have mentioned some common reasons that usually cause this error on Roblox.
- Hardware limitation: Sometimes, you encounter these types of errors on Roblox when your device is not compatible with the game especially if you are using a PC. If have a low-end PC then there are multiple games on Roblox that can’t be played smoothly. Before you apply any technical method to resolve the issue, make sure to check whether your device is compatible with the game or not.
- Outdated Drivers: To run games on your device, you must have GPU drivers. If you have outdated drivers installed on your device then you would not be able to play games smoothly. In that case, you need to download the latest version of your GPU drivers.
- Corrupted Game Data: Another possible reason for getting the “An Unexpected Error Occurred” error message is Corrupted or missing game files.
- Bad Internet Connection: The most common reason for getting many technical problems is a bad internet connection. Roblox is an online gaming platform that requires a fast and stable internet connection. It is possible that you are getting the “An Unexpected Error Occurred” error message because you have a slow or unstable internet connection.
Irrespective of what reason is causing the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” error message on Roblox, you can fix it by following the methods written below.
How to Fix “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox
Follow the methods written below to fix the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” error in Roblox.
Method 1: Clear Roblox Data
Our first method to fix the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox is Clearing the Roblox data.
Sometimes, Roblox stores corrupted data which causes several problems. To fix your problem, you need to clear the Roblox data from your device.
Here are some steps to clear the Roblox data from your device:
- Press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run Prompt.
- Once the run prompt is opened, type %localappdata% and hit the Enter button.
- This will open up a list of folders. Now, scroll up and down and locate the Temp file and double-click on it.
- Under the temp folder, you can find the Roblox folder, just right-click on it and choose Delete.
- That’s it.
If you are using a browser to play Roblox games online then follow the steps mentioned below to clear the Roblox data from your browser.
- First, open up your Web Browser.
- Click on Three Dots from the top right corner of your screen and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on Privacy and Security option.
- Go to Cookies and Other Sites.
- Now, scroll down and click on See all data and Permissions.
- Now, search for Roblox and click on the Dustbin icon and confirm your action by clicking on Clear.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Uninstall Roblox
As I mentioned above, one of the possible reasons for experiencing the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” error in Roblox is Corrupted or Missing game files.
If that is the case then you can fix your problem by Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Roblox app.
To uninstall or reinstall Roblox, follow the steps written below:
- To uninstall the Roblox app, open Control Panel.
- Then click on Programs.
- Under programs, you will find all software applications installed on your device. Search for Roblox and right click on it and then click Uninstall.
- This will uninstall the Robblox from your device completely.
- Once you have uninstalled Roblox go to its official website and Reinstall it.
Before reinstalling Roblox, you need to make sure that you have removed all third-party applications such as Cheat Protection and others.
Method 3: Check the Internet Connection
The last thing you need to do is check your internet connection, you can test your internet connectivity by using Internet Connectivity Tesrters available on the internet.
If you find any issue in your internet connectivity then try to fix it by restarting your router. If it does not work then you can contact your internet service provider and ask them to resolve your problem.
That’s all, we hope this guide helped you fix the “The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” on Roblox.