If you are a Windows user and facing the Riot Client not launching problem then you are in the right place.
In this guide, you’ll learn why are you experiencing the Riot Client not opening problem and how to fix it.
For the uninformed, Riot is a popular company that is a creator of very popular multiplayer games such as League of Legends, and Valorant.
Riot Client is a managing platform that is responsible for launching the Riot Games and keeping them updated with the latest version.
However, because of some unwanted reasons, many Windows users are currently facing the Riot Client not launching issue.
If you too are having the same issue then don’t worry, we have a step-by-step guide explaining what actually causes this issue and teaching how to fix it.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Why Are You Getting the Riot Client Not Launching Problem?
You might be experiencing the Riot Client Not Launching issue because of several reasons. The most common reason that could lead to this issue is your device is not compatible with Riot Client.
UGS and errors present in the device also cause these types of errors. If that is the case then you can install all pending updates to fix it.
Apart from those reasons, you could encounter this issue due to outdated or incompatible graphic drivers.
Whatever reasons are leading to the Riot Client not opening issue, you can fix it by using the methods mentioned below.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix the Riot Client Not Launching Problem
Follow the below-mentioned methods one by one to fix the Riot Client Not keeps loading issue.
Method 1: Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter
Our first method to fix the Riot Client not opening issue needs you to run the Compatibility troubleshooter.
Here are the steps to run the compatibility troubleshooter:
- Click on the Windows Search bar and type Troubleshoot and hit the Enter button.
- This will show you multiple options, select Additional troubleshooters/Other troubleshooters.
- Under this option, you can see the Program Compatibility troubleshooter option.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter/Run button to begin the compatibility test.
- Once the test is completed, it will suggest you some fixes.
- All you have to do is apply all fixes and your Riot Client not launching problem will be fixed.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Run As Administrator & Use Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, you could encounter these types of problems because of the lack of permissions. To fix this problem, you need to run the program with administrator privileges. To do so, follow the steps written below:
- Right-click on the Riot Client application icon and select Properties from the menu.
- This will open a pop-up window with some details and options.
- Select the Compatibility tab from the top of the window.
- Now, click on the square box next to the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox and select one of the options from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the check box next to Run this problem as administrator available under Settings.
- Once selected, click on Apply and OK.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Update Windows & GPU Drivers
If you have tried both methods but still getting the same issue then the next thing you have to do is check for Windows updates and update GPU drivers because outdated system updates or drivers will lead to face issues like Riot Client not launching problems.
You can check or update Windows by following the steps written below:
- First, click on the Windows Icon from the bottom left side and select the Settings Gear Icon.
- From the settings, click on Update & Security.
- Here click on the Check For Updates button and wait for scanning to complete.
- If you find an update then click on Update and complete the process.
- Once the updating process is completed, Restart the device.
- Once restarted, launch Riot and check if the error remains.
- That’s it.
Next, you need to update the GPU drivers, you can do it either manually or automatically.
If you have knowledge about drivers then you can manually check all drivers and update the outdated GPU drivers.
If you don’t have knowledge about drivers then you can use automatic tools available on the internet to scan or update GPU drivers automatically.
When you update your Windows and GPU drivers, you will have the Riot Client not launching problem.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix Riot Client not launching problem on Windows.