We all know Google is one of the best and most popular search engines right now. It offers tons of features that make it the number-one search engine in the world.
One of those features is Google Discover. This feature provides personalized content recommendations to users based on their search history, location, language preferences, and interactions with previous content.
Unfortunately, some Google users took to social media complaining that Google Discover is not working for them.
When Google Discover stops working, you will get a random feed on Google Discover, which is sometimes irritating or frustrating.
If you are also facing the same problem and looking for ways to fix it then don’t look further as we have got you covered.
In this guide, we will explain some effective methods that will help you resolve the “Google Discover Not Working” problem.
What Cause The “Google Discover Not Working” Problem?
There are several reasons that could lead to Google Discover not working problem. Below we have mentioned some possible causes to find out the correct method to fix this issue:
- Settings and Preferences: Sometimes, users accidentally disable the Google Discover feature while making changes in its Settings. It is possible that you are showing irrelevant content because you it disabled.
- Limited Data or Usage: As you know, Google Discover requires user data and browsing activity to recommend personalized content. It is likely that you are experiencing the Google Discover not working problem because Google does not have enough user data. This could happen when you have just started using a new device or Google account.
- Technical Issues: Sometimes users face technical glitches and server issues that impact on the functionality or different features.
These are some causes that will possibly cause the “Google Discover Not Working” problem. However, you can fix this problem by following the methods mentioned below.
How to Fix the “Google Discover Not Working” Problem
Here are some methods that will help you resolve the “Google Discover Not Working” problem.
Method 1: Update Google App
To fix the “Google Discover not working” problem, the first thing you need to do is check the version of the Google app.
If you are using an old version of Google, you need to update it to the latest version. For that, open the Google PlayStore and search for Google app and click on Update if available.
This will update your Google app. As soon as Google is updated, all bugs and glitches will be resolved.
Method 2: Clear Cache
To provide a better user experience, Google Stores user data in the form of a cache. But sometimes these cache files get outdated or corrupted.
These outdated or corrupted cache files start interfering with the programs and cause several technical problems.
If updating the Google app does not work for you then you can try clearing the cache files. To do so, you need to follow the steps written below.
- Open the Settings app and go to the App option.
- There, you will see multiple options.
- You need to select Manage Apps.
- Once selected, scroll down and search for the Google app.
- Once found, tap on it.
- Now, tap Clear data and then select Clear Cache.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Contact Support
If you have tried both methods but are still getting the same problem then the last thing you need to do is contact Google support and report your problem.
While reporting, try to provide complete information about your problem and request them to help you resolve it as soon as possible.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the “Google Discover Not Working” problem.