Do you want to Download Private Vimeo Videos? If your answer is YES then you are at the right place.
In this guide, we will teach you the easiest way to download Private Vimeo Videos. To learn how you need to keep on reading.
For the unversed, Vimeo is a video-sharing platform that is mostly used to share educational, academic, art, and other types of videos.
A lot of publishers on the internet embed Vimeo videos that can only be played using a Vimeo video player.
If the owner of the Vimeo video has a Download option enabled, you would not face any issue while downloading the video but if they mark it as a private video then you would not be able to download Vimeo videos.
Fortunately, we have found a couple of methods that can be used to download private Vimeo videos for free.
To know what those methods are and how they work, you need to read this guide till the end.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Download Private Vimeo Videos
You can download Private Vimeo Videos by using two methods — Using a third-party site or Using Inspect Tool.
Method 1: Using Third-Party Websites
In this method, we will teach you the process of downloading a private Vimeo video by using a third-party website.
There are plenty of private Vimeo video downloaders available on the internet but what we recommend is VideoProc Converter because it has a user-friendly interface allowing you to download high-quality videos in no time.
Follow the steps written below to download Private Vimeo Videos using VideoProc Converter:
- To download a video using Vimeo Video Downloader, you need to visit its official site first.
- Once you are on the site, download the Software.
- Now, go to the location where you have downloaded the file and install it.
- Once installed, open the software.
- Copy the video URL from the address bar or copy the embed link and paste it into the Vimeo Video Downloader and click on Analyze.
- When you do so, the software will analyze the video link and give you download links.
- You can get the embed link by clicking on the share option.
- Once Vimeo Video Downloader analyzes the video link, select the resolution and click on Download Now button.
- You can also add multiple videos to the list, and then hit the Download Now button for batch tasks.
- That’s it.
Method 2: Using Inspect Tool
Follow the steps written below to download the Private Vimeo Videos using Inspect Tool.
- First, open the video you want to download and play it for a few seconds.
- After that, Right-click on the video and select Inspect from the menu.
- Doing this will open a new window under the same window, go to the Sources tab.
- There, you will see a list of files.
- If you don’t see any files then reload the page.
- Scroll down and search for a folder with 9 digit number and click on it to expand.
- Under this folder, you will see the “player.vimeo.com” folder, expand it as well.
- Next, expand the Video folder.
- Now, right-click on the file under the video folder and select Save As… and save it with the .txt extension.
- Now, open the file you just saved in a text editor.
- Press Ctrl + F to open the search bar and search for video quality (for example 1080p).
- Now, click on Next until you find the URL that ends with “.mp4“.
- Once you find the URL, copy it and paste it into your web browser and hit Enter.
- This will open the video in a new tab, play the video for a few seconds, and right-click on it.
- Select the “Save Video as..” option and rename the video if you want.
- That’s it.
These are two methods to download Private Vimeo Videos for free.