Discord is a popular voice, video, and text platform where users can join different servers and talk with other users and discuss various topics.
Discord also allows users to create their own servers. If you have decided to create a server on Discord or already have one then you need to add some rules to maintain order.
But adding a good rule is not an easy task. Yes, you must consider various things before adding the rules to your Discord server.
The very first thing you need to find out is the purpose of your server and what you want to promote.
You have to consider issues and problems that will appear on the server and add the rules accordingly.
However, to help you find out the best rules for your Discord server, we have mentioned a list of Discord Server rules that you can copy and paste to maintain discipline and safety.
How To Create A Rules Channel in Discord?
Here are some steps to create a rule channel in Discord.
- First, you need to create a Text Channel and name it Rules.
- Next, give read-only permissions to this channel.
- For that, go to the Advance Permission option.
- There, you will see multiple options.
- Make sure to Disable the Send Message option by selecting a cross icon.
- Once done, copy the rules from our list and paste them into chat.
How To Force People to Read The Rules in Discord?
Once you have added the rules in Discord, you have to make it necessary for the new users to read and agree to your server rules.
To do so, you need to set up the “Membership Screening” and add rules. Once you set up the membership screening, new users must agree to the rules otherwise they won’t be able to join your server.
List of Discord Rules
Here is a list of rules that you can copy and paste into your Discord server.
- Be respectful, civil, and welcoming.
- No inappropriate or unsafe content.
- Do not misuse or spam any of the channels.
- No self-promotion, soliciting, or advertising.
- NSFW content is not allowed.
- Do not buy, sell, trade, or give away anything.
- Do not use the server as a dating site.
- Please communicate in English only.
- Discord names and avatars must be appropriate.
- Spamming in any form is not allowed.
- Controversial topics like religion and politics are not allowed.
- Do not attempt to bypass any blocked words.
- Don’t ping without legitimate reasoning behind them.
- Alternate accounts are not allowed.
- Catfishing and any sort of fake identity are forbidden.
- Do not send any Discord server invite links or codes.
- No advertising is allowed without permission.
- Roleplaying is not allowed.
- Raiding is not allowed.
- Anything to target specific groups or individuals is prohibited.
- Spoilers from any anime, movie, TV show, or game are not allowed.
- Please do not mic spam.
- Don’t record voice channel conversations.
- Avoid topics regarding banned members.
- Remain on topic and use the channels correctly.
- Do not discuss hacking or cheating.
- Do not link to scam websites.
- If you’re going to include a spoiler, you need to use spoiler tags.
- Listen to the server’s staff.
- Use the appropriate channels.
- Trading, selling, begging, boosting, and account sharing are not allowed.
- Do not talk about adult or non-PG topics.
- Discriminatory language and hate speech is forbidden.
- Be respectful and welcoming as toxicity is not allowed.
- Do not spam messages or emotes.
- XP-Grinding is prohibited.
- Be civil, and do not treat messaging channels like a stream chat.
- Do not ping staff members for no reason.
- Do not mass mention by pinging more than 4 people at once, or randomly ping members.
- Encouraging rule-breaking is an offense.
- Do not flood the chat with huge chunks of text.
- Engaging in message chains is prohibited.
- Do not send copypastas.
- Avoid using Discord Stickers excessively.
- Do not use more than 5 emotes in a message.
- Do not send Discord server invites on the server or in DMs.
- Do not send online meeting links.
- Illegally distributing unlicensed material is prohibited.
- You are not allowed to sell anything here.
- Do not impersonate others, including public figures.
- Inappropriate profile pictures, usernames, statuses, or blank names are not allowed.
- Do not make your nickname “everyone”.
- Do not copy or claim other people’s art.
- Obnoxious, excessive, or inappropriate sounds are not allowed.
- Using voice changers and soundboards is not allowed.
- Only stream PG content.
- Do not loop or queue the same song with music bots.
- If there is a group of members silently listening to music, mute yourself or move to an alternative channel.
- Do not play music or other audio from your microphone.
- Do not stream movies or other copyrighted content.
- Do not send any malicious and harmful links or files, or anything that jeopardizes the security of others.
- Leaking the personal information of others is prohibited.
- Coordinating or participating in a server raid is forbidden.
- Bullying and harassment are not tolerated.
- Do not send strobe-effects, medically-triggering, or severely flashing media.
- Please refrain from back-seat moderating.
- Do not harass anyone.
- Do not engage in hate speech of any kind.
- Do not threaten anyone.
- Do not post unsafe items (malicious websites, pirated software, etc).
- Do not post any link or file that crashes Discord.
- Do not DDoS or threaten to DDoS other users.
- You need to be at least 13 years old to use Discord.
- Try to avoid bringing up controversial or sensitive topics.
- Community members should strive for a certain level of quality in their messages.
- Spoilers should be labeled appropriately using Discord’s built-in formatting, sufficiently disclosing what topic is being covered.
- Do not post, request, or disclose piracy information, links, or intent.
- Please limit and be reasonable with the promotion of content.
- All content and messages on this server are to be in English, with the exception of common words or phrases at staff discretion.
- Community members are free to express themselves openly and give constructive criticism and feedback.
- Regardless of age, strive to treat each other as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Please do not contact server members unsolicited.
- Please follow the Discord terms of service.
- Remain civil and considerate towards other users.
- Follow all staff instructions immediately and at all times.
- No hate speech or trolling.
- Do not request, discuss, conduct, or advertise real money trades.
- Any form of harassment such as blackmailing, doxxing, or inappropriate DMs, will result in an immediate and permanent ban.
- Any sort of discrimination will not be tolerated.
- No advertising Discord servers, other programs, websites, or services.
- Creating sub-servers with the intent of moving our members with the goal of self-benefit is not allowed.
- Forming raids, targeting this server or another server will lead to a permanent ban.
- Do not bully or harass another member in any way, shape, or form.
- Any harmful material will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not share personal information.
- We promote diversity and inclusivity and expect your interactions in this channel to be respectful and guided by these principles.
- We encourage free expression for all, and embrace our differences, opinions, and diverse backgrounds, therefore, debates are welcome while they are based on these ideas.
- These rules may change at any time and the moderators reserve the right to warn and ban users discretionally.
- Don’t be toxic or mean, including bashing people’s posts unprovoked.
- If you’re sharing a link, please include a description (unless the nature of the link is obvious).
- Do not impersonate developers, moderators, or other users.
- Be kind and respectful to others.
That’s it, these are some rules that you can add to your Discord server.