Is Crusader Kings 3 crashing repeatedly for you? Recently a lot of players have been experiencing crashes and freezes when trying to play the game.
Crusader Kings 3 is a grand strategy role-playing video game set in the Middle Ages. It is a sequel to Crusader Kings and Crusader Kings 2.
If you want to get more information about how you can fix this issue, you wil first have to understand the multiple reasons that can cause it. Let us take a brief look at them below.
Why Is Crusader Kings 3 Crashing?
The reason behind Crusader Kings 3 crashing can play a pivotal role in finding out a good fix for the issue. This is why it is important to understand why the error is occurring in the first place.
Let us take a look at all the reasons Crusader Kings 3 might be crashing below.
- Temporary Glitch: Sometimes a temporary glitch may cause the game to malfunction and crash.
- Hardware Issues: Sometimes the device might not be able to fully handle the system requirements of the game. Check out the minimum system requirements for the game and compare them with those of your device.
- Outdated Game: Developers often add bug patches to updates in addition to new features for the game. If you do not have automatic updates activated, you will have to keep checking back for new updates especiall if your game is crashing frequently.
- Driver Issues: If your GPU drivers are old or outdated, it could be the cause behind Crusader Kings 3 crashing repeatedly.
- Third Party Apps: Sometimes third-aprty apps may interfere with the proper functioning of the game.
- Corrupted Game Files: Often corrupted game files can prevent your game from functioning properly.
Now that you understand all the reasons that could cause the Crusader Kings 3 to crash, we can progress to learning how to fix it.
How To Fix Crusader Kings 3 Crashing Issue?
Depending on the reason behind the issue, one of the solutions listed below should help you resolve the problem.
Update The Game
Since an outdated game is the most common reason behind frequent crashes, the first step you need to take is to check whether your game is fully updated. If there is a new update for the game, download it and then restart the game.
If you are still experiencing crashes, move on to the next solution.
Check Your GPU Drivers
Outdated GPU drivers can be a big reason behind game crashes. So, update your drivers if they are outdated and check if the issuegets resolved.
Restart The Game
If you have implemented all the fixes above but your game is still freezing or crashing, it is best to close the game completely and restart it.
If the game is frozen, you can use Task Manager to force close the game.
Close Background Programs
If there are any apps or programs running in the background while you are trying to play the game, it might be best to close them.
Sometimes these apps or programs can take up a lot of memory and interfere with the proper running of the game.
Verify Game Files
If you have downloaded Crusader Kings 3 using Steam, you should verify if there are any corrupted game files. You can do this by selecting the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ from Properties.
On the other hand, if you are using an Xbox Game Pass app, you can follow the steps given below to repair your game files.
- Locate the Windows button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Initiate a search for the Xbox app.
- Perform a right-click on the Xbox app icon.
- Select “App settings.”
- Proceed to click the “Repair” button to initiate the Xbox app repair process.
Reinstall Crusader Kings 3
If none of the solutions work for you then you can try reinstalling Crusader Kings 3. This will ensure that you get rid of any underlying issues.
This is how you can fix Crusader Kings 3 crashing issue. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.