Do you want to reset Microsoft Word on Mac? If your answer is YES then look no further as we have got you covered.
There are plenty of users who want to reset their Microsoft Word on Mac but they don’t know and if that’s you then don’t worry, we have a guide explaining the same in a very simple way.
Before I teach you the process, let me tell you that Microsoft Word not opening or showing error occurs because of the following reasons:
- Word preferences are corrupted
- File deleted permanently from there location.
- Unexpected crushes.
- Program running in background are interfering with world of Mac.
Irrespective of what reason prevents you from resenting your Microsoft Word on Mac, our guide will help you fix the issue:
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Method 1: Reset The Word For Mac Preference
If you reset the Microsoft Word on your Mac, all the custom preferences such as keyboard shortcuts. If you still want to reset the Microsoft Word, follow the steps written below:
- Quit all programs.
- On the Go menu, click Home > Library. If you have OS X 10.7 (Lion) or above, click on the Go, hold down the OPTION key and choose Library.
- Open the Preferences folder and drag com.microsoft.Word.plist to the desktop. If you can’t find the file, continue to the next step.
- Now, open the Microsoft folder (in Preferences), and drag com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist to the desktop.
- Note, If you have Service Pack 2 installed, open Application Support > Microsoft instead of Preferences > Microsoft.
- Launch Microsoft Word.
- Open the Application Support folder, then the Microsoft folder, then the Office folder, and then the User Templates folder.
- Find the Normal.dotm file, and drag it to the desktop.
- Launch Word.
Method 2 : Run Disk Utility To Repair Word
- First click on the “Go” Menu and select disk Utility.
- Go to disk utility problem and and select primary hard disk.
- Select the “First Aid” On top and run.
- Doing this will repair all disk volume and repair any damage in Microsoft Word file.
Note: The Disk Utility program only repairs software that is installed by Apple. This utility also repairs folders, such as the Application folder. However, this utility doesn’t repair software that is in your home folder.
Method 3 : Permanently Deleted Microsoft Word File
Sometimes, we accidentally deleted the word file while repairing the word file. You can recover this file in Mac from tamp folder.
What if you can permanently deleted this file. To restore this file you have to use 3rd party app.
That’s all you need to know about how to reset the Microsoft Word on Mac.