Hotstar is one of the most talked about applications right now because it is offering a free livestreaming of Asia Cup 2023.
Like WhatsApp and other popular apps, HotStar does have a Picture in Picture feature allowing its users to live stream or watch content in a small window while using other applications.
Unfortunately, a lot of users took to social media complaining that they are unable to use Hotstar’s picture-in-picture feature right now.
While you are here, you might be having issues while using the Hotstar picture-in-picture feature. Don’t you?
If your answer is YES then don’t worry, you are not alone who is having this problem right now. A lot of users while watching India Vs Pakistan livestreaming wanted to use Hotstar picture-in-picture feature but they could not use it because of some minor bugs.
If you too were having the same issue then don’t worry, we have got you a bunch of solutions that can be used to resolve the Hotstar picture-in-picture feature.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix Hotstar Picture in Picture Not Working Problem
There are multiple methods that could fix the Hotstar picture-in-picture not working issue. To make your work easier, we have mentioned all methods separately.
All you need to do is apply each method one by one until the issue is permanently fixed from your end.
Update Hotstar App
If you are unable to use the Hotstar picture-in-picture feature while livestreaming India Vs Pakistan match or your favourite content on it, make sure to update the Hotstar application to the latest version.
Notably, the picture-in-picture feature is only available on Android and iOS devices. If you are using Hotstar on TV or PC, you would not be able to use the pic-in-pic feature.
To update the Hotstar application, you need to follow the steps written below:
- First, open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your Android or iOS devices, respectively.
- Once opened, search for Update.
- If there is an update available, you will see a button that says ‘Update’.
- Tap on the ‘Update’ button to update the app to the latest update.
- Once updated, launch the application and check if the error is gone.
- That’s it.
Clear Hotstar Cache
The second method that can used to resolve the Hotstar pic-in-pic feature not working, clear the app cache.
If you don’t know how to clear the app cache, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, go to Settings.
- There, you need to search for Apps and then tap on it.
- Now, search for Hostar and then tap on it.
- After that, you need to go to Storage and then tap on the ‘Clear Cache’ option.
- Now, tap on Clear Data and then confirm the action.
- That’s it.
- First, open up the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Settings.
- Select Hostar and then scroll down.
- After that, find a toggle named ‘Reset cache on next start’.
- Turn it on and then launch the Hotstar app.
- Now, clear the cache and then launch the Hotstar app and check if the error is fixed.
- That’s it.
Uninstall & Reinstall Hotstar
The last method that could resolve the Hostar picture in the picture not working issue is to uninstall and reinstall the Hotstar application on your device.
To uninstall and reinstall Hotstar, follow the steps written below:
- First, tap on the Hotstar app and then tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- After that confirm the action.
- Once uninstalled, go to Play Store and then search for Hotstar.
- Now, tap on the ‘Install’ button and wait until the application is installed.
- Once installed, launch the application and then check if the error is gone or not.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to resolve the Hotstar picture in picture not working problem.