Slack is a messaging tool designed by Slacktechnalogies. It is an amazing tool that allows users to send messages to one another and also allows them to send media files like photos, videos, and other document files. On Slack users can chat individually and in a group.
But like any other service, Slack is not immune from technical issues. Currently, many users encountering the Slack Images Not Showing problem.
If you are also facing the same problem then don’t worry as we go you covered. In this guide, you’ll learn what causes the Slack Images Not Showing problem and how to fix it.
What Causes the Slack Images Not Showing Problem?
Several reasons may cause the Slack Images Not Showing problem. The most common reasons are:
- Server Issue: You may be encountering the Slack Images Not Showing problem because you are trying to use the Slack services when its server is down or under maintenance.
- Internet Connection Issue: Sometimes you are encountering issues because there is an issue with your internet connection and you are getting a slow and unstable connection.
- Corrupted Cache: outdated cache files may also cause various issues it may be possible that you are encountering the Slack Images Not Showing problem because of the outdated and corrupted cache files.
- Active Data Saver: Sometimes you are unable to see some media or messages because you have enabled the data saver.
How to Fix the Slack Images Not Showing Problem
If you are facing the Slack Images Not Showing problem then you can fix it by using the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Check Server Status
If there is an issue with the Slack server or the server facing downtime then most of its features get affected.
It is possible that you are facing the Slack Images Not Showing problem because the Slack server is down. In that case, you need to check the Slack server status.
To do that visit the Slack Status Page and check if there is any issue with Slack’s server. If there is an issue with the server then you have to wait until the issue will be fixed.
Method 2: Check Your Internet Connection
If the Slack server is up and running and there is no problem with it then the next thing you need to do is check your internet connection.
Because slow and unstable internet connection may cause various technical issues. If there is an issue with your internet like a slow or weak connection then you need to apply troubleshooting steps and resolve these problems.
You can also try switching to another connection, if you are on Mobile data then try switching to a WIFI network.
If you are already on a WIFI network then switch to mobile data and see if your problem is fixed.
Method 3: Clear Slack Cach
Applications store data in the form of cache files to enhance user experience. These cache files help the application load the page faster.
But after some time these cache files get outdated or the app stores corrupted data in it and these cache files start causing issues instead of helping the application to provide a better user experience.
In that case, clearing the cache files will be the potential fix for all of these issues. To clear the cache files open the Settings app and go to Apps > Manage Apps > Slack > Clear Data > Clear Cache.
Method 4: Disable Low Data Mode
If you have low data mode enabled on your device then it may be the reason why you are encountering this problem and restricting images from loading.
To fix this problem you need to disable the Low Data Mode. Here s how you can do it:
Turn off Low Data Mode on iPhone:
- Open Settings and select Mobile Data.
- Now tap on Mobile Data Option.
- Under this option, you can see the Low Data Mode.
- Tap on the Toggle button to disable it.
Turn off Data Saver Mode on Android
- Open the Settings app and select Wi-Fi Network.
- Go to SIM & Network option and select the Data Saver.
- Here tap on the Toggle button to disable the Data Saver Mode.
Method 5: Disable Battery Saver
Sometimes users are unable to use some features within the app because they have enabled battery save mode.
If you have also enabled the battery-saver mode then you need to try fixing your problem by disabling the Battery-Saver Mode.
Disable Low Power Mode iPhone
- First, open the Setting app on your mobile device.
- Scroll down and select the Battery option.
- Here find and toggle Off the Low Power Mode.
Disable Battery Saver for Slack on Android
- Tap and hold on Slack App Icon and select App Inf from the menu.
- Now select the Battery option.
- Here you can see multiple options, select No Restriction.
Method 6: Update the App
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you then the next thing you can try is to check and update the Slack App.
Sometimes users are encountering issues because of the bugs present in the app. In that case, you can try restarting your device.
If it does not work then update the Slack app because every update comes with advanced features and bug fixers.
That’s it, these are some methods that you can try to fix the Slack Images Not Showing problem.
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you then you can contact Slack support for further assistance.