In 1990s, the majority of people used to games on handheld gaming consoles. One of those consoles is Nintendo 3DS.
For those unaware, Nintendo 3DS was launched way back in 2010 as E3 2010 as the successor to the Nintendo DS. The best thing about this handheld gaming console is it does have backward compatibility with Nintendo DS video games.
Similar to PlayStation 4, Nintendo 3DS does have numerous exclusive games that can only be played on the handheld game console.
Here are some popular games available for Nintendo 3DS:
- Pokémon X & Y 3DS.
- Senran Kagura Burst 3DS.
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire 3DS.
- Fantasy Life 3DS.
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon 3DS.
- Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains 3DS.
- One Piece Unlimited World Red 3DS.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS.
- And a lot more.
It has been more than a decade since the console was launched but there are plenty of people who want to play those games on their iOS devices.
If you too want to play Nintendo 3DS on iOS device, you will have to download emulators like Citra 3DS.
If you want to download Citra 3DS emulator on your iOS or iPhone but don’t know how it is done then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
What Is Citra 3DS Emulator?
Citra Emulator is an open source and free to use 3DS emulator that allows users to play handheld Nintendo 3DS games on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
Since the majority of players having a hard time download Citra 3DS on iOS, we have provided a download link of the same here.
Apart from providing download link to Citra 3DS emulator, we will walk you through the process of using it to run Nintendo 3DS games on iPhone.
Without any further ado let’s get started:
How to Download Citra 3DS Emulator on iPhone?
Before you start the downloading and installation, process make sure you have iOS 6 and above model because Citra does not support below iOS 6.0 models.
To download Citra 3DS on iPhone, click on the following Download button.
Once you have successfully downloaded Citra 3DS on iPhone, follow the steps written below:
- Once you have Citra 3DS downloaded on your iPhone, launch it.
- Once launched, click on the “add folder to library” and this is where you tell Citra where your games are located
- Citra mmj supports cci.cxl.3ds and 3dsx files. If you don’t understand what those file types are we do recommend checking on Google.
- Once you find your 3ds games on your device, click the “OK” button. When you do so the emulator will show up the game in the main menu.
- If you want to change the directory later, just press the “plus” button on the top right-hand side corner and you can freely change the directory.
- There you can see the “Settings” option next to the plus button. Where you can change the different settings to get better performance.
- That’s it.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some basic questions related to Citra 3DS emulator and their answers:
Q1. Can I Run Citra 3DS Emulator On Phone?
Ans: Yes, Citra 3DS can be used on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. You can download it from the download link above and use it on your mobile phones.
Q2. Which DS Has the Largest Screen?
Ans: The 2DS and 3DS have a top screen size of 3.53-inches, and on the other hand 2DS XL and 3DS XL both have 4.88-inch large screen displays.
Q3. Is Citra 3DS Free?
Ans: Yes, Citra 3DS is 100% free for all devices. You can download its Windows, MacOS, Linux and Android version from the Github.