Are you getting Destiny 2 Cat error while launching or playing Destiny 2?
If your answer is YES then look no further as we have got you covered.
Before I teach you multiple methods to resolve Destiny 2 Cat error, let me tell you that you are not the only Destiny 2 player who is having this error right now.
There are tons of players out there who took to social media and complained that they are getting Cat Error in Destiny 2 whenever they launch the game.
Notably, this Destiny 2 error is not occurring for the first time. Those who have been playing this game must know how often they have encountered Cat errors in Destiny 2.
Since it is a common Destiny 2 error, you can fix it by applying the methods written below.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
What Causes Destiny 2 Cat Error?
As mentioned above, Cat Error in Destiny 2 occurs very often.
For those unaware, whenever Bungie rolls out a new update to Destiny 2, players are shown Cat Error whenever they launch the game.
According to the official website, Destiny 2 players are most likely to encounter Cat Error whenever they have a new update to download.
If you are encountering Destiny 2 Cat error for the first time, I advise you to exit the game and update Destiny 2 to the latest version.
Once you have successfully updated Destiny 2, launch the game and check if the Cat Error is fixed or not.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Cat Error On PC & Console?
Destiny 2 Cat Error could be fixed by simply updating the game to the latest version.
However, there are some players who don’t even know how to update Destiny 2 and how to set it to download automatically.
If you are one of that player then don’t worry, we have explained the entire process of updating Destiny 2 on PC and Console (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S).
Updating Destiny 2 On PC
If you are encountering Cat Error while launching Destiny 2 on your PC then you can fix it by applying the following methods.
There are two ways that can be used to update Destiny 2 to the latest version – Steam and Epic Games Store.
Regardless of which platform you use to play Destiny 2, we have you covered.
To update Destiny 2 using Steam, follow the steps written below:
- Restart the Steam application on your PC.
- Once restarted, you will get a pop-up asking you to update Destiny 2 if there is an update available under the ‘Downloads’ section.
- If you are not getting the pop up then you can do it manually.
- To do so, you need to find and select the ‘Verify Integrity Of Game Files’ option on the Steam app.
- Once selected, check if there is an update available in the Downloads.
- If you don’t see any update there then ‘Clear the Download Cache’ in Steam and see if the issue is fixed.
- That’s it.
Epic Games Store
To update Destiny 2 using Epic Games Store, follow the steps written below:
- Restart the Epic Games Store app on your PC.
- When you do so, the Destiny 2 update will appear under the Downloads section.
- If it does not appear then go to Library and find Destiny 2.
- Once found, click on the ‘Three Small Dots.
- Now, uncheck ‘Auto Update’ and then close the EGS.
- Now, open EGS again and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Now, enable ‘Auto Update’ again.
- That’s it.
Updating Destiny 2 On PlayStation 4 and 5
If you are encountering Destiny 2 Cat Error on PlayStation but don’t know how to update the game then follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, turn on your PS4 and PS5.
- Once turned on, log in to your main PSN account that is linked to Destiny 2.
- Once logged in, go back to the PS4 or PS5’s home menu.
- When you go there, scroll down until you find Destiny 2 game Start icon.
- Once found, click on the ‘Options’ button on PlayStation and then select ‘Check For Update’.
- If it is not installed then click to do so.
- That’s it.
Updating Destiny 2 on Xbox
If you are receiving Cat Error while launching Destiny 2 on Xbox then follow the steps written below to update the game.
- First, turn on your Xbox or Xbox Series X/S.
- Once done, log in to your main Xbox Live account. Make sure your main account is linked to Destiny 2.
- Once logged in, go back to the Home Menu and select the ‘Games and Tabs’ option.
- There, you need to find Destiny 2 start icon.
- Now, Press the Menu button on Xbox and then click on Update on Destiny 2.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix Destiny 2 cat error on PC and Console.