Are you trying to skip ahead in your video but the YouTube double tap is not working for you? You are not the only one.
A lot of users have recently been experiencing issues with the double-tap feature of the YouTube app.
While the YouTube app is a great way to watch videos for free, you might not want to watch the entire video.
The double-tap feature allows you to skip ahead by 10 seconds in any video. It is a great option for users who just want to skim through the video and not watch every second of it.
However, recently users have been facing issues as YouTube double tap is not working for them. In this guide, we will explore the possible causes and fixes for this issue.
Let us take a look below.
What To Do If YouTube Double Tap Is Not Working?
There could be multiple reasons why YouTube double tap is not working. We have created a list of the possible reasons below.
- The most common reason for the error is also the most simple one. It is possible that you are just using the feature incorrectly.
- If you are sure that you are using the feature correctly, you need to check that you have updated YouTube to the latest version. New updates often include patch fixes for bugs and glitches while also improving the overall YouTube experience.
- Sometimes, technical glitches can also affect the proper functioning of YouTube features like double tap. However, there is a way to deal with these glitches till they get fixed in a patch update.
Now that you have a better idea about the reasons that can cause the issue, let us take a look at the fixes for it.
How To Fix YouTube Double Tap Is Not Working?
Depending on the cause, there can be multiple solutions that can fix the ‘YouTube Double Tap is not working’ issue.
Let us take a look at these below.
Try A Different Method (iOS Users)
This method only works for iOS users as it provides an alternative method to use the double tap feature. You can follow the steps given below to use this method.
- Long press and hold the screen.
- After a few seconds, you will be able to swipe left or right to jump ahead through the video.
- This method is not as good as the double tap because you can go over or under the part you want to reach really easily. However, with a double tap, you will always move just 10 seconds forward.
Sometimes triple tapping your screen instead of double tapping it also works the same way. This approach has worked for a lot of users who were struggling with the double-tap feature.
Ensure Your Touchscreen Is Functional
A really common cause behind the ‘YouTube Double Tap is not working’ issue can be your device’s touchscreen.
If there is any physical damage to your screen like cracks, it may be affecting the responsiveness of the touchscreen.
In addition, if your touchscreen is not working correctly outside of YouTube as well, you definitely need to get it replaced to use the double tap feature correctly.
Sometimes a restart can also solve the problem by getting rid of temporary bugs or glitches that may be affecting YouTube’s performance.
However, you will need to completely close the YouTube app by force-stopping it. To do this, you need to go to Settings and then select the Apps tab. Here, you need to select YouTube from the list of apps and then choose the Force Stop option.
You can reopen the app in a few minutes to see if the feature is working correctly now.
Update The YouTube App
If you are using an outdated version of YouTube, it might be time to update to the latest version. New updates often contain fixes for known technical glitches or bugs in an app. This is why it is important to keep updating the app and receive the latest patch updates.
You can update your YouTube app through the App Store or Play Store depending on your device.
Uninstall and Reinstall YouTube
If you’re still facing the problem, you might want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling the YouTube app on your device. This can often help fix issues related to app glitches.
Contact The YouTube Support Team
If the problem persists, get in touch with YouTube’s support team for assistance. You can follow the steps given below to do so.
- Open the YouTube app, and click on your profile picture.
- Choose “Help and Feedback,” and then select “Send Feedback.”
- Provide a detailed description of the issue, and the support team will provide further assistance.
This is how you can fix the YouTube Double Tap Is Not Working issue. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.