Streaming services have taken the world by storm. Each passing day brings new streaming apps to market.
One of them is the streaming app introduced by Xfinity service providers. However, many users are complaining about the Xfinity Streaming Error 500.
Xfinity application can be used to stream your favourite shows, movies and more on any streaming device such as Smart TV, smartphone PC and even Roku. It is no secret that each new service comes with its bugs and glitches and the same can be said about Xfinity Stream which has Xfinity Streaming Error 500.
Also Read > Xfinity Stream Clear Cache Error
Now you must be wondering what is Xfinity Streaming Error 500 and how to solve the Xfinity Streaming Error 500.
There are many solutions that you can apply to solve Xfinity Streaming Error 500. In this article, we shall share some of them with you and you will soon be able to stream your favourite show without any delay.
Reasons For Xfinity Streaming Error 500:
There are many reasons for the error here we list some of them for you:
- Outdated Xfinity app.
- Network Issues
- Xfinity account issues
- Roku player settings issue.
- Xfinity servers Down
How To Fix Xfinity Streaming Error 500
Here are some easy methods to fix the Xfinity Streaming error 500:
Update the Xfinity App
- Press the Home on your remote.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to Applications.
- Find Xfinity Stream in your library.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Press Update to start the process.
Reboot your Roku Device!
- Use the remote to shut down the device.
- Unplug the Roku from your TV and power it.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes for the discharge.
- Reconnect the streaming stick to the TV.
- Turn on the device using the remote control.
Also Read > Xfinity Stream Not Working Fix
Check the Network Connection
- Go to Settings on your Roku.
- Head to Network.
- Tap on Set up Internet Connection.
- Choose Wireless.
- Press Open Network Settings.
- Select WiFi and type the password.
- Check if the Roku’s WiFi shows a Connected status.
- If not then contact your service provider.
Clear the Roku Stick Cache!
- Tap on Home on Roku.
- Press Home 5 times.
- Press Up 1 time.
- Press Rewind 2 times.
- Press Fast Forward 2 times.
- Wait for Roku’s cache to be cleared.
Check Xfinity Servers
Sometimes the reason why Xfinity is not working on Roku is that the Xfinity servers might be offline.
- Launch the browser on your smartphone or computer.
- Head to Xfinity Status Center
- Check to server status.
- If the server is down wait till the team resolves the issue
- If the server is under maintenance wait for a couple of hours and try again.
Check your Xfinity Stream Account
If you’ve seen an error upon starting the Xfinity Stream app, it could be due to account limitations.
- Open your browser on your device.
- Go to the Official website of Xfinity Stream
- Press the Sign In button
- Enter your Login details and password.
- Tap on login. button.
- If your account shows limitations
- Click on Xfinity Support for help!
Reinstall the Xfinity Stream App
- Press Home on the Roku remote.
- Go to the Streaming Channels.
- Open the Channel Store.
- Locate the Xfinity Stream app.
- Press the app and Tap on Remove.
- The app will be uninstalled.
- Wait for a few minutes
- Download the Xfinity Stream app again.
Factory Reset Roku Device
- Press Home on the Roku remote.
- Tap on Settings.
- Enter the System tab.
- Choose Advanced System Settings.
- Click on the Factory Reset option.
These are some of the fixes for the Xfinity error 500 there are many more. But do try the above fixes and you will be able to solve the issue.