VLC is a media player developed by the VideoLAN project. It allows users to stream videos on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iPhone.
To use VLC on your device, all you have to do is download and install it. The reason why everyone loves VLC player is it comes with numerous features and video formats like DVDs, audio CDs, VCDs, and a lot more.
Apart from those features, the VLC player does have a dark mode feature allowing users to use this software in a dark theme.
If you want to use a VLC player in dark mode but don’t know how to enable it then don’t worry, we have a guide explaining the same in a very easy way.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Enable Dark Mode In VLC On Windows
If you are a Windows user and want to enable VLC dark mode then you are required to follow a few simple steps:
- First, you need to Download and Install the VLC Player from its official website. If you don’t have a VLC player installed on your PC.
- After installing the VLC software, launch it.
- Now, click on Tools from the top menu bar.
- Select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Doing this will open up a new window, choose the Interface option.
- Under the interface option, click on the Use Custome Skin option.
- Next, you need to download the custom skin, for that click on the VLC Skin Website link.
- It will redirect you to the VLC skin website, where can see a list of custom skins.
- Choose the desired one and then click on the Download option to download it.
- Once you have downloaded the skin, Create New Folder in any location and move the skin inside that folder.
- Now, go back to VLC and click on the Choose button and select the location where you have moved your skin.
- Now, click on Save to save the changes.
- Once done, restart the VLC player.
- When you do so, the chosen skin will be applied to VLC.
- That’s it.
How to Enable Dark Mode In VLC On Mac
Follow the steps written below to enable the Dark Mode in VLC on MacOS.
- Launch the VLC Media Player on your Mac.
- Once started, click on the VLC media player from the top menu bar.
- Doing this will open a new window, under this window select the Interface from the top.
- Under the General Settings section, select the Dark option.
- Now, click on the Save button to save the changes and close the VLC Media Player.
- Restart the VLC Media Player. Now it should be in dark mode.
- That’s it.
How to Enable Dark Mode In VLC On Android
Follow the steps written below to enable the Dark Mode in VLC on an Android device.
- Open the VLC Player App on your Android device and tap on the More option at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Under more options, tap on Settings.
- Here you will see multiple options, select the Interface option under the Extra Settings section.
- Now, select the DayNight Mode option.
- Next, select the Black Theme option from the pop-up window.
- This will enable the dark mode on your VLC Media Player.
That’s all you need to know about how to enable dark mode in the VLC media player.