Are Valorant Comms not working for you? This guide will explain how you can fix the issue and access voice chat in the game again.
Valorant is a game best enjoyed teaming up with your friends or other players. However, communication is essential to succeed as a team in Valorant.
This can become very difficult when the Valorant comms are not working as expected. If you find yourself facing this issue, you can use the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this guide to help you fix the issue.
How To Fix Valorant Comms Not Working?
Depending on the cause, there can be several solutions to the problem. We have listed each of these below and you can test them out to find one that works for you.
Ensure That Valorant Has Microphone Access
This is often a common reason behind the Valorant comms not working and one of the easiest ones to fix.
If Valorant does not have access to your microphone, the game’s voice chat will not work as expected.
To grant Valorant access to your microphone, you can follow the steps given below.
- Tap the Windows logo key to get to the Start menu.
- You can now click on the Settings option. This is represented by a gear icon and may be placed differently depending on your Windows version.
- Choose the Privacy option in Settings.
- Select the Microphone tab.
- Enable the Allow Desktop Apps option.
- This will give Valorant access to your microphone and you should be able to use voice chat without any issues.
Update Your Audio Driver
If your audio driver is outdated, it is likely to cause issues with the Valorant voice chat. Updating your audio driver can improve its performance drastically. You can either turn on automatic updates or choose to update your drivers manually.
Run Valorant as Administrator
Another option for you to bypass the Valorant comms not working issue is to run Valorant as an Administrator. You can follow the steps listed below to do this.
- Right-click on the Valorant shortcut and choose Properties.
- Here, select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box that says Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply followed by OK.
The voice chat should work properly for you now. However, if it does not, you can move on to the next solution on our list.
Also Read > How To Fix Valorant Queue Not Working Issue?
Reset Your Game’s Audio Settings
You can also reset your game’s audio settings to see if it fixes the issue. The steps to do this are listed below.
- Start Valorant and click on the Settings option.
- Go to the Audio option and select Voice Chat under it.
- Set the Output Device and Input Device to Default System Device. You can also specify the device you want to use.
- Adjust your Incoming Volume and Mic Volume to at least 50%. In addition, ensure that both Party Voice Chat and Team Voice Chat are turned on.
- After applying these changes, relaunch your game and test the voice chat.
Check Your Input And Output Device
Another possible issue that could be affecting the Valorant voice chat, is if the current input and output devices are not correct. You can check your input and output devices by following the steps given below.
- Right-click on the sound icon located on the taskbar and choose Open Sound settings.
- Here, you will be able to see both the Input and Output sections. In the Input section, check that your headphones or headset is selected.
- In the Input section, check that it’s set to the microphone you want to use.
Contact Valorant Support
If none of the fixes mentioned above work for you, it is time to contact Valorant Support. You can do so by visiting the Valorant Support site and submitting a ticket.
This is how you can fix the Valorant comms not working issue. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.