Is Tower of Fantasy crashing repeatedly for you? Find out how to fix it with this step-by-step guide below.
Tower of Fantasy is a free-to-play open-world action RPG. While the game’s adventurous open world has hooked the attention of players, the game does have its share of issues.
One of the most common issues that a lot of players experience frequently is the Tower of Fantasy crashing issue.
If you are also facing similar issues, this guide will help you out with a list of solutions you can try to fix the problem.
Ways To Fix The Tower of Fantasy Crashing Issue
Tower of Fantasy crashing is quite a general issue and there can be multiple reasons behind it. Depending on the reason there are several fixes that can solve the issue for you.
We have listed and explained these solutions below.
Check Tower of Fantasy’s System Requirements
Sometimes the Tower of Fantasy crashing issue is caused due to your device not meeting the minimum requirements to run the game.
Playing the game on devices that have specs below the required ones will end up overheating or overwhelming the device’s resources and crash the game.
Modify Config Files
Sometimes your game might crash if you are using a low-end PC that barely meets the minimum requirements for the game. In such a case, you can modify config files to see if it fixes the issue for you. Follow the steps given below to do so.
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and the R Key to bring up the Run box.
- Type %Appdata% and click OK.
- Now, go to Local > Hotta > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor.
- After this, right-click on GameUserSettings.ini and rename it to GameUserSettings.ini.backup.
- Now, create a new .txt file and name it GamerUserSettings.ini.
- You will now need to edit the file and paste the following information into it: [D3DRHIPreference] bPreferD3D12InGame=False
- Simultaneously press CTRL and S keys to save the edits you just made.
- Relaunch Tower of Fantasy to see if the issue is fixed.
Another thing that can help you fix the Tower of Fantasy Crashing issue is ensuring that your device is fully updated. If you have not changed the default settings on your device, these updates are usually scheduled automatically.
You can also follow the steps given below to check for any new updates on your device.
- Press the Windows key and the R key together to bring up the Run box.
- In the text bar, type control update and click OK.
- Select the Check for Updates option.
- Download any pending updates.
- Once you are fully updated, you will see a “You’re up to date” message.
Update The Graphics Driver
It is also advisable to keep your graphics driver updated to avoid any performance issues while running Tower of Fantasy.
In addition, you should also check that you are using a compatible graphics driver that can support the game. To update your driver manually, you can go to the GPU manufacturer’s website and download any updates.
Also Read > Why Does Apex Legends Keep Crashing On Xbox?
Run In Compatibility Mode
Running the game in compatibility mode can also fix the issue, especially for Windows 11 users. To run the game in compatibility mode, you can follow the steps given below.
- First, go to the folder where you have installed Tower of Fantasy.
- Right-click on the Tower of Fantasy launcher icon (tof_launcher.exe)
- Click on Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and choose to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8.
- Now, select the option to Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Then select the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Lastly, click OK to save all the changes.
See if running the game in compatibility mode works for you. If not, move on to the next solution on the list.
Check For Corrupted Files
If you have gone through all the solutions but nothing seems to be working for you, the cause may be corrupted system files.
You can run a scan with the system repair tool to figure out the exact issue.
If you have tried everything and you are still facing the Tower of Fantasy crashing issue, it might be time to contact the support team for the game. They will be able to provide you with more specialized solutions to fix the issue.
We hope that this guide was helpful to you.