Are you receiving “invited you to add Hi” notifications on TikTok and don’t understand why? We will explain these notifications and the process behind them in detail here.
TikTok is a popular platform for content creators to express their creativity and share short-form content. With TikTok Live, you can not only share videos but also connect with your viewers through live sessions.
When you do share a video on TikTok, your viewers get a “(User name) invited you to add Hi” on TikTok. While this is a great way to bring more viewers to your videos, they can start to be spam messages if sent out too frequently.
If you wish to understand how and why the “(User name) invited you to add Hi” messages are sent and how you can stop them, this guide is for you.
When Do You Recieve A “(User name) invited you to add Hi” Message On TikTok?
TikTok users my be familiar with the “(User name) invited you to add Hi” message if they use the platform regularly.
This notification is a virtualinvitation to join someone’s live stream as they share their thoughts, talents, or daily adventures.
But how does this invitation come to be, and is it a personalized gesture or a automated message?
The message viewers receive on TikTok are actually sent out by the platform rather than the creators themselves.
TikTok itself sends out automatic notifications to all followers when a user initiates a live stream. This results in a outpouring of notifications reaching countless screens.
While some viewers take it in good spirits and even support the content creator for their video, these notifications can seem like a nuisance to many viewers.
While TikTok’s system seeks to engage a wide audience, it blurs the line between personal invitation and collective announcement.
The lack of control over who receives these notifications occasionally prompts individuals to inquire about their unexpected inclusion.
It can also be embarrassing for the creators if the person who has received the invitation thinks that it was sent by them personally.
Since the notification message is sent automatically by TikTok, creators often have no idea that someone has received an invitation to view their content.
This can lead to some awkward conversations that can be uncomfortable for both the parties.
In addition, often the invitation can have the opposite of the intended effect by bombarding viewers with too many messages from creators.
However, there is a way for you to shut off the spam notifications if you wish to do so.
How To Turn Off “(User name) invited you to add Hi” Message On TikTok?
You can follow the step-by-step guide given below to turn off notifications and customize your TikTok experience according to your preferences.
- Launch the TikTok app on your mobile device. Ensure that you’re logged into your TikTok account.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen. This will take you to your TikTok profile.
- Look for the three horizontal dots located at the top right corner of your profile screen. Tap on these dots to access the settings menu.
- In the settings menu, you will find “Privacy and Settings.” Tap on this option to proceed.
- Within the “Privacy and Settings” section, you will find various options related to your TikTok account. Look for “Notifications” and tap on it to access notification settings.
- Under the “Notifications” section, you’ll see a list of different notification types that TikTok sends you.
- Beside each notification type, you’ll find a toggle switch. Toggle it to your preferred setting. In most cases, you’ll have options like “On,” “Off,” or “From People I Follow.” If you want to stop receiving these invitations, select “Off.”
- After adjusting the notification settings, ensure that you save your changes. This might involve tapping a “Save” or “Done” button, depending on your device.
- Exit the settings menu and return to your TikTok feed. Test your changes by waiting to see if you receive any further notifications related to “(User name) invited you to add Hi.” If you’ve turned off the notification, you shouldn’t receive them anymore.
That is everything you need to know about the “(User name) invited you to add Hi” Message On TikTok. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.