Do you want to use Ryujinx Emulator on Steam Deck but don’t know how to setup? Well, we have a step-by-step guide explaining the same in a very easy way.
For the unversed, Ryujinx is a Nintendo Switch emulator that allows users to play Nintendo Switch games on other devices and provides excellent accuracy and performance.
Created by gdkchan and written in C#, Ryujinx has a user-friendly interface making it the best Switch Emulator on the web.
Unfortunately, there are tons of users who wish to use it on Steam Deck but still don’t know how to set it up.
Also Read > How to Download Shader Cache For Ryujinx
If you are one of those Steam Deck users then don’t worry, we have written an ultimate guide explaining how to set up Ryujinx on Steam Deck in a very easy way.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Setup Ryujinx Emulator on Steam Deck
Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully and do not miss any step. If you miss any step, you will not be able to run Nintendo Switch games on your Steam Deck console.
The very first thing, you have to do is download the Ryujinx Emulator on your Steam Deck. If you have not downloaded Ryujinx on Steam Deck yet, follow the steps written below:
- First, you need to Switch to the Desktop mode. For that, click on Steam Button and choose Power and then select Switch to Desktop.
- Once switched to the desktop mode, you will find the Software Center at the bottom left.
- Click on it to open a new window.
- Once the new window is opened, type Ryujinx on the search bar and search for it.
- If you can’t type it then go to Applications > Games > Emulator > Scroll Down and search for Ryujinx.
- Once you find the Ryujinx emulator, click on the Install button to initiate the installation process.
- Doing this will download and install the Ryujinx Emulator on your Steam Deck device.
- That’s it.
Get the Key
Once you have installed Ryujinx Emulator on your Stream Deck, you need to put in the key. To get the key, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to https://files.fm/u/rkvscym6y and download the Keys for Ryujinx.
- After downloading the key, you need to put it in Ryujinx.
- For that open File Explorer and click on the Three Horizontal lines and select Show Hidden Files.
- Now, go to Home > VAR > App > Review Ryujinx > Config > Ryujinx > System.
- Under the System folder, you can move the key you have downloaded.
After putting the keys in Ryujinx, you have to install the firmware. If you don’t know how to install Firmware then follow the steps written below:
- First, open the web browser and type Darthsternie’s Firmware and click on the first link.
- Once you are on Darthsternie’s Firmware page, click on Switch from the top.
- Download Firmware version 15.0.1 or the latest version.
- After downloading the firmware, keep it in a zip file.
- Now, open Ryujinx and go to Tool > Install firmware > select Install firmware from xci or zip.
- Now, navigate to the location where you have downloaded the firmware and select it and click Open.
- Doing this will show a pop-up saying Install Firmware 15.0.1.
- Once appeared, Hit Yes.
- You can get another pop-up saying that it is Successfully Finished. click OK.
- That’s it.
After installing the firmware, you need to configure the settings. For that, you need to follow the steps written below:
- First, click on Options and select Settings.
- Now, go to the Input section and click on Player 1.
- When you do so, a window will appear like the following picture.
- Under input device, choose Steam Virtual Gamepad.
- Under Control Type, choose which type of controller you want to use in my case I will choose Pro Controller as you can see in the image below.
- Next Map all buttons.
- Once done, Click Save.
- Once saved, you have to do the same for Handheld. Click on the handheld option and select Steam Virtual Gamepad and Map all buttons.
- Now, go back to the Settings menu and select Graphics.
- Under graphics, leave the graphics backend option on Vulkan. You can switch to OpenGL if the game not running other wise leave it as it is.
- Set the Resolution type as Native. If you go for Custom then set the resolution value to .75 for a better experience.
- Once done, click Apply to save the changes in the settings.
- The next thing you have to do is Add Game Directories for that, go to General and click Add and select the directory from file explorer and click Apply and Save button to save everything.
- Now, you can see the game you just added to Ryujinx is displayed double click on it and enjoy playing the Nintendo Switch games on your Stream Deck console.
That’s all you need to know about how to setup Ryujinx Emulator on Steam Deck.