It has been almost two decades since PCSX2 was launched as a PS2 emulator but it is still one of the most used emulators on the internet.
There are plenty of PS2 emulators available on the internet but we have found a better emulator than PCSX2 to play PS2 games on PC (Windows 7,8, and 10).
There are thousands of users who have been having trouble setting up PCSX2 Bios and if that’s you then look no further as we have a guide explaining the same in the simplest way possible.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Install PCSX2 BIOS?
Unlike other PS2 emulators, installing and setting up PCSX2 is pretty easy. If you have not downloaded PCSX2 BIOS yet, you can download it by clicking on this link.
Here are a few simple steps to install PCSX2 BIOS.
- The first and foremost thing that you should do is navigate the folder where you have downloaded PCSX2.
- Once found, double click on “pcsx2-1.4.0-setup.exe.”
- Select the components you want to install on the first pop-up screen. Hit the Next button.
- Agree with the terms and install Visual C++. Check the box and select “Install.”
- Once installed, it is time to configure everything before launching the emulator for the first time on your PC.
- That’s it
Also Read > Top 7+ Best PS2 Emulators For PC & Mobile
How to Setup PCSX2?
Once you have installed PCSX2 BIOS on your PC, it is time to configure and setup the emulator.
If you don’t know how to setup PCSX2 then follow the given steps:
- Navigate the PCSX2 install folder in your Start menu Program list. Run the program.
- Hit the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Review the available plug-ins included with the PCSX2 emulator and hit the NEXT button.
- In a new window that appears on the screen, select ‘Open In Explorer’ in the bottom right corner.
- Doing this will pop up a new window telling you that “This path does not exist. Create it?”
- Hit the “Create” button.
- Minimize the configuration window and don’t forget to the path where you have BIOS installed.
- Open that folder and drag the unpacked files from the installation into the folder
- Once done, maximize the “First Time Configuration” window from the previous steps.
- Select “Refresh list” to see the available regions. There, you will see Japan, Europe, and USA BIOS files appear in the white box.
- Select the desired region and hit “Finish” to complete the setup.
- You have successfully installed PCSX2
That’s everything you need to know about how to configure and set up PCSX2 BIOS in 2023.