If you are facing the “Select the Disk Where You Want to Install MacOS” problem while installing the MacOS then you have come to the right place.
There are tons of users who are facing the same issue when trying to perform a MacOS installation.
This is one of the most frustrating macOS errors that users are currently encountering right now because it stops the installation process.
Since the number of users encountering the ‘Select the Disck where you want to install macOS’ has increased manifold nowadays, we created a troubleshooting guide explaining some easy methods to fix it.
To know what those methods are and how they work, you need to keep on reading.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix Select the Disk Where You Want to Install Mac OS
The majority of users who are encountering the ‘Select the Disk where you want to install MacOS’ error took to social media and wrote they are not getting any option to process and their screen is stuck at this error message.
According to this error message, you will have to select the location on your hard disk where you want to install MacOS but it does not give the option to select the location or path.
If you are here to learn the process of fixing the ‘Select the Disk where you want to install MacOS’ then follow the steps written below:
- First, you will have to Restart your Mac.
- As soon as you restart your Mac, press and hold the Command and R keys.
- Doing this will open up the Disk Utility.
- The next thing should do is select the Disk from the left side of your screen.
- If you don’t find any disk option then you will have to click on the button located at the top left corner and choose the “Show all disks” option from the dropdown menu.
- From the left side, choose Erase tab.
- In this tab, you have to Select Format: Mac OS Extended, and in the column Name: Name it.
- Once done, click on the Erase option.
- Doing this will create a new partition on your disk drive.
- Once done, exit from the Disk Utility and continue with your MacOS operating system installation.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the “Select the disk where you want to install Mac OS” error.