Meta launched WhatsApp Channels in India and over 150 countries. The new feature will bring private updates from celebrities, sports teams, artists and more.
Now if you have created a channel to test the new feature and now want to delete it. Do not worry as just like you can create a channel you can also remove channels from Whats app with these simple steps.
Also Read > How to Access WhatsApp Channels
The best part of the new feature is that you can easily delete the WhatsApp Channel. Not only the channel, you can also delete a specific update that you want to remove from the channel. However, only admins can do so. Followers will not be able to remove an update or a channel.
In this article, you will learn how to delete a channel from WhatsApp.
How to Delete WhatsApp Channels
Here are a few simple steps to remove WhatsApp channels:
- Open the WhatsApp Channel on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Channel Name.
- Click on the Delete Channel button.
- Next Tap delete on the confirmation screen.
- You will have to confirm it again
- Confirm with WhatsApp number.
- Enter the WhatsApp number
- Tap on the Delete button.
- On being verified you will receive a ‘You deleted your channel’ message.
- Remember once deleted the channel remains deleted.
Also Read > WhatsApp Channels Not Showing Fix
What Happens When You Delete A Channel
Channels can be deleted only from your smartphone. It cannot be done on the WhatsApp Web or the WhatsApp Desktop app.
- Once the channel is deleted you cannot post any updates.
- Your followers will be able to see old updates for 30 days.
- Followers will see the message that this channel is deleted on top of your channel
- It will not be seen in the channels list anymore.
How To Delete An Update
- Go to Channel Updates
- Press and Hold the update that you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete option.
- Tap on Delete For Everyone to confirm.
- Once the update is deleted you will receive a confirmation message.
- Once you delete an update
- Followers will get the message that this update has been deleted.
- If you delete an update that contains media files
- It will be deleted from the channel, not the local user’s file.
- If you delete a forwarded update then only the original message will be deleted but not the forwarded copy.
Meta has finally launched WhatsApp AppChannels in India and 150 countries across the world. The WhatsApp channel is will be seen in a new tab called Updates.
Fans can follow their favourite celebrities and will be kept updated about their upcoming projects, pictures and more. If you follow a channel your identity will not be revealed to the admin or other followers.
WhatsApp has an enhanced directory where you can find the channels to follow based on your country.
In India, we have the Indian Cricket Team, Actress Katrina Kaif, actor Akshay Kumar, singer and actor Diljit Dosanjh, and Telugu actor Vijay Deverakonda who have launched their WhatsApp channels.
But WhatsApp Channels is currently not available to everyone. But Meta has revealed that soon anyone will be able to launch their WhatsApp Channel.
So join the waitlist to be notified when WhatsApp Channels is available to you.