Nitter is an open-source and free-to-use Twitter alternative. It has a user interface similar to the classic Twitter desktop layout.
Unlike Twitter, it has no notifications, no home feed, and infinite scroll which will prevent users from spending an excessive amount of time reading large quantities of negative news.
Unfortunately, some users are facing difficulties while accessing the Nitter and encounter the Nitter Not Working problem. If you are also facing the same problem then you are in the right place.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is Nitter Not Working and how to fix this problem.
Why Is Nitter Not Working?
You must be encountering the Nitter Not Working problem because of several reasons some of the most common reasons include:
- Down and Under maintenance server: It may be possible that you are encountering the Nitter Not Working problem because the Nitter’s server is down for maintenance work.
- Internet Connection Issue: Because the performance of Nitter completely relies on the internet connection it is possible that you are facing difficulties because of the poor internet connection.
- Corrupted Browser Cache: It is also possible that the cache stored in your web browser is corrupted and causes various technical issues.
- Bugs and Glitches: Sometimes bugs and glitches present in your device interfere with the performance of the web browser and prevent you from accessing the websites.
How to Fix the Nitter Not Working Problem
If you are facing the Nitter Not Working problem then you can fix it by using the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
Whenever you encounter any technical problem then the first thing you need to do is try restarting your device. This will resolve all bugs and glitches present in your device and also fix all issues caused by these bugs.
So, close your web browser and restart your device. Once done, check if your problem is fixed or not. If the problem persists then move to another method.
Method 2: Check Your Internet Connection
Another common reason for encountering the not working problem is a slow and unstable internet connection. If restarting the device does not fix your problem then you should try testing your internet connection.
To test your internet connectivity you can use any internet speed testers available on the internet. These testers provide you with complete information about your internet connection.
If there is any issue with your internet connection then you can fix it by turning airplane mode on and off or by restarting the router if you are on a WIFI connection.
Method 3: Check Server Status
It is also possible that you are unable to use the Nitter because its server is down and under maintenance for the update.
If there is no issue with your internet connection then the next thing you need to do is check Nitter’s server status. To do that you can either visit it’s official status page or use down detector website to find the current status of the server.
After checking if you find any issues in the server, you have to wait until the issues are fixed.
Method 4: Clear Browser’s Cache
If you are on a mobile device then you can clear the web browser cache by following the steps written below:
- Open up the Settings app.
- Search for the Apps option.
- Now select Manage Apps.
- This will show you the list of all applications installed on your device.
- Scroll down and search for the Chrome browser.
- Now tap on Clear Data from the bottom and select Clear Cache.
- That’s it.
To clear the browser’s cache on the PC follow the steps written below:
- Open Chrome browser on your device.
- Click on the Three Dots at the top right corner.
- Select the More Tools from the menu and then select the “Clear Browsing Data…” option from the sub-menu.
- Now checkmark the “Cached Images and Files” option.
- Click on the Clear Data button and then select Clear.
- That’s it.
Method 5: Contact Customer Support
If you have tried everything but still facing the same problem then the last thing you need to do is contact customer support and ask for help.
That’s it, we hope this guide helps you fix the Nitter Not Working problem.