Is Voicemail not working on iPhone? If your answer is YES then you have come to the right place.
Before I explain the reasons that could cause Voicemail not working on iPhone and how to fix it, let me tell you that you are not the only iOS users who are having this issue right now.
The Voicemail service is usually used on iPhones but because of unexpected reasons, it stops working for numerous iPhone users.
If you are also facing the same issue then don’t worry, we have created a guide explaining how to fix it right now.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Fix iPhone Voicemail Not Working (2023)
If your Voicemail is working on iPhone then apply the following methods to get the issue resolved.
Method 1: Activate Voicemail
Whenever you encounter the Voicemail not working issue on your iPhone, the first and foremost thing you should do is check if you have it activated on your device or not.
If you don’t have the Voicemail activated, you are not going to receive any Voicemail on your iPhone.
So, you have to check if your Voicemail is activated or not. To do that follow the steps given below.
- First, open Settings on your phone.
- Then, go to the Phone option and scroll down.
- There, you will see an option ‘Change Voicemail Password; which means voicemail is activated on your device.
- If the ‘Change Voicemail Password‘ option is not showing on your phone, then you have to activate the voicemail service on your phone.
If you see this option on your phone but continue to face the voicemail not working problem then you can fix it by using other methods mentioned below.
Method 2: Use Custom Greeting
If you have not set the Custom Greeting on your voicemail then it will automatically set it as the default option.
If your Voicemail Greeting is set as the default then it says that the person is not available, and to leave a message.
If your voicemail is not working then you can try customizing your voicemail greeting.
You can change or customize your voicemail greeting by following the steps given below.
- Open your Phone app and go to the Voicemail tab located at the bottom of your screen.
- There, you will see the Greeting option at the top left side.
- Now, choose this tab to check if you are using Custom Greeting.
- Under the Greeting tab, you will see a checkmark for Default or Custom.
- If it is set to default, change it to Custom.
- You can also preview your greeting by clicking on the Play button.
- You can also record a new greeting by clicking on the Record button.
- Changing greetings on iPhone is very simple, all you need to do is tap on Record and speak.
- Tap on Stop when you have done and Tap Save to save the greeting you just recorded.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Turn Your Cellular Service Off & Then On
Sometimes Voicemail stops working on iPhones because of a network problem. So, the next thing you should do is Turn your cellular service off and on again.
Turning On and Off your cellular service will fix your voicemail not working problem. If you don’t know how to do it then follow the steps written below:
- Pull the Control Center down.
- There, you will see Airplane Mode at the top left side.
- Tap on it to turn it On.
- Now, wait for two mins and tap on it again to turn it Off.
- Wait for the cellular radio to reconnect and try your voicemail again.
- That’s it.
Method 4: Empty Your Voicemail Box
Another main reason for getting the Voicemail not working problem is having a voicemail box full.
If you don’t have empty storage on your iPhone, your device will stop receiving new voicemail messages.
In that case, you have to empty your Voicemail box. If you don’t know how to remove or empty Voicemail box storage then follow the steps written below:
- Open your Phone app.
- Tap on Voicemail.
- There, you need to choose Edit at the top right corner and select the voicemail you want to delete.
- Once selected, tap on the Delete button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This will clear space in the Voicemail box.
- Once the space is cleared, you will start receiving new messages via voicemail.
- That’s it.
Method 5: Make Sure Call Forwarding Is Off
If you accidentally enabled Call Forwarding on your iPhone, you would not get Voicemail. This is one of the reasons that prevent you from receiving Voicemail on your iOS device.
If you have Call Forwarding enabled on your device but don’t know how to disable it then follow the steps written below:
To disable Call Forwarding on your iPhone, follow the steps given below:
- Open your Settings app.
- Scroll down and choose Phone.
- Tap on the Call Forwarding option.
- Once you are on the Call Forwarding page, check your forwarding status. If it is enabled, disable it.
- That’s it.
These are some easy methods that can be used to fix voicemail not working on iPhone.