Instagram is one of the most powerful and popular social media platforms that is widely used for sharing videos and pictures.
Its compelling features are the reason that Instagram has garnered a huge and wide fan following ever since its inception.
But like most of the applications, Instagram too is not without its share of hiccups. The most common being like any other application, it also has its share of hiccups.
One common problem that users often encounter is the Error Missing Info prompt. This is usually seen while trying to change the profile picture and can be quite a frustrating experience for the users.
But here is some good news. You can easily fix this problem with the steps that we have shared with you below.
What Causes Instagram Missing Info Error (2024)
You must be wondering what causes the Instagram Error Missing Info. This can be due to many reasons such as network issues, Cache overload, Account Issues or Instagram bugs.
A weak internet connection can cause this problem. Instagram works well when you have a stable and strong network to upload. Also to save changes made to your account like updating a profile pic.
Instagram, also stores cache files on your device. This is to enhance the user experience. But Cache Overload can cause malfunctions resulting in errors.
If your account has some unresolved issues such as non-compliance with Instagram guidelines or policies, you will face such errors.
It is possible that the issue is from the app itself. There can be a bug in the system if it is not updated for a long time.
How to Fix Instagram Missing Info Error (2023)
Here are some effective ways that you can use to resolve this Instagram error.
Check Your Internet Connection
One of the reasons that you are facing an error while changing the profile picture on Instagram could be your internet connection. So do make sure that the internet connection is strong and stable.
If you are using your mobile data try switching to Wi-Fi that is more reliable.
Clear Instagram App Cache
Clearing the Instagram app cache could fix this issue. If you don’t know how to clear the app cache on Android and iOS devices, follow the steps written below:
For Android Users:
- Navigate to Settings
- Select ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager,’ f
- Search for Instagram
- Tap Storage
- Press the Clear Cache button.
For iPhone Users:
iOS users do not have a direct option to clear the cache. To clear IG cache on iOS, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Long-press the Instagram icon on your home screen
- Select Delete App.
- Go to App Store and Reinstall Instagram
Update Your Instagram App
Android and iOS users need to keep their apps up to date. If you have an update pending then follow the steps written below to update it to the latest version.
- Open the App Store
- At the bottom tap on the Today tab
- On the top right corner, tap on the profile icon
- Scroll down to Available Updates
- Locate Instagram from the list
- Tap the Update button
- Enter your Apple ID password
- As soon as the update is complete, open Instagram and start using the latest version.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top-left corner
- Select My Apps & games
- Tap the Updates tab
- Locate Instagram
- Tap the Update button
- Use the app as soon as the update is complete
Log into Instagram.com
Sometimes, the issue is with the app on your device. In that case, you can use the web version of Instagram.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your preferred web browser
- Go to www.instagram.com.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Click on your profile icon( It is in top right corner)
- Go to your profile
- You will see your current profile picture
- Hover over it, and you’ll see the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
- Click on it.
- Under the ‘Change Profile Photo’ option, choose to ‘Upload a Photo’ from your computer.
- Select the desired photo, adjust and click ‘Done.’
- Click Submit or Save.
- Your profile picture will be updated.
Review Instagram’s Guidelines and Policies
- Open Instagram and go to your profile
- Tap on the menu icon
- Select Settings and Privacy
- Tap Help/ Help Center to check guidelines.
Contact Instagram Support
If you have done everything and are still facing the issue then it is best to contact Instagram support.
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap on the menu icon
- Select Settings & Privacy, and then Help.
Next in the Report a Problem. Give a detailed description of the problem you’re experiencing.
If all the previous methods didn’t work, it’s possible that Instagram is experiencing server-side issues. So wait for a few hours and the team will soon solve the issue.