Wondering how to see hidden chat in Viber? If your answer is YES then look no further as we have got you covered.
For the unversed, Viber is a cross-platform voice-over IP and instant messaging software application. The service offers a number of privacy features to its users including the option of Hidden chats.
Hidden chats are a great way to increase privacy in a conversation on Viber. With the help of this feature, you can hide specific chats from the main list on the app.
However, if you want to see hidden chat in Viber, apply the following method.
How To See Hidden Chat In Viber?
Viber hidden chats are not visible in the main chat list and can be viewed by using a PIN, biometric authentication, or through the Viber backup and restore method. Depending on which technique was used to hide the chat, you will have to unlock it with the same method.
Let us take a closer look at each method below.
- Go to Viber and click on the search icon located in the top right corner.
- You now need to input the PIN in the search bar.
- This will unlock all the hidden chats and you can browse for the particular conversation you want from the list.
- Once you click on the conversation, you will be able to see the hidden chat in Viber.
Viber Backup And Restore Method
You can also use the Viber backup and restore feature to access a backup of your chat history. This history can be restored using the backup file.
To create a backup file for Android or iOS devices using Cloud, you can follow the steps given below.
- Open Viber on your device and click on the More option.
- Now, choose the Settings option.
- Click on Account and then select Viber Backup.
- Select the Auto Backup option and choose a duration for creating backups. You can leave this option off if you prefer to do this manually.
- Choose if you want to restore photos and videos.
- Click Back Up Now.
As we said, for this method to work, you need to have created a backup file beforehand. You can follow the steps given below to restore data from a backup file.
- Go to Viber and log in using your credentials.
- Choose the More option.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Select Account and choose Viber Backup.
- Now, click on Restore.
- This should revive your chats including any hidden chats.
Also Read > How to Fix NFL App Keeps Crashing
How To Hide A Chat?
If you are wondering how to see hidden chat in Viber, it is actually quite simple. You can hide personal and group chats in Viber. To hide a chat, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to Viber on your device and log in using your credentials if you aren’t already signed in.
- Now, select the conversation that you want to hide by pressing and holding the chat on Android devices. You can swipe left to access the Hide button on iPhone devices.
- Now, select the Hide option and then input the 4-digit PIN to confirm that you want to hide the chat.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Touch or Face ID option on the iPhone in place of a PIN.
How Private Is Viber Hidden Chat?
Viber is quite dedicated to user privacy and security. All chats use the end-to-end encryption by default.
However, if you feel the need for extra privacy, you can choose to hide personal and group conversations on Viber. Once you do this, only you and the people you are in conversation with have access to these chats.
It is important to note that you cannot hide community chats.
This is how to see hidden chat in Viber. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.