Starfield is a fun role-playing action game developed by Bethesda Game Studios. It seamlessly blends first-person shooter, spaceship simulator, shipbuilder, and RPG. But like any other online game, Starfield too comes with its bugs and glitches, one of them being the Starfield Audio Bug Issue.
The audio cutting-out bug in Bethesda’s Creation engine is an error many players are facing. Starfield has an error as the audio output cuts off every now and then randomly. It occurs while traversing through space, docking on a planet, or in the middle of a dogfight.
So, if like many other gamers, you too are facing the same error then read on to know how to fix it. As in this post, we shall share some troubleshooting methods to fix the Starfield Audio Bug Issue.
Here Is How to Fix Starfield Audio Bug Issue:
Restart The Game
Restarting Starfield may fix Starfield Audio Bug Issue but for many, the Audio Bug Issue was back after playing the game for a couple of hours.
Corrupt files in the installation directory can also cause Starfield Audio Bug Issue. One can either re-install Starfield or try to fix the corrupted files.
- Go to your Steam library.
- Select Starfield
- Go to Properties.
- Tap on the “scan and fix” option.
- Soon a process will begin and fix the corrupted files.
If you want to fix the audio cutting-out bug in Starfield then you should install the game on an internal SSD (Solid State Drive) on a PC, rather than running it on HDD (Hard Drive).
- Or run it in admin mode
- Right-click on the Starfield.exe file
- Tap on the Run as administrator option.
- This may also fix the Starfield Audio Bug Issue.
Hard Reset of Starfield Game on Xbox
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- This will launch the Menu.
- Go to the Starfield game.
- Click on the Menu button on the right-centre side.
- Choose the Quit option.
- This will close the Starfield game.
- Next, restart the Xbox console.
- Start Starfield again.
Change Audio Settings In-Game
- Open Starfield on PC.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Audio option.
- Lower sound settings and master volume,
- Keep audio settings to a minimum.
- Turn off Dynamic Range compression.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.
Play Starfield In Offline Mode
Try playing Starfield in offline mode as it may solve the Starfield Audio Bug Issue.
- Log in to your Steam account
- Remember your password.
- Tap on the Steam tab at the top left corner.
- Click on Go Offline.
- Tap on Restart in the Offline Mode option.
- Log In and launch the Starfield game to play it in offline mode.
You can also:
- Disable Vsync in-game.
- Run Starfield as administrator
- Update your graphics card drivers.
If nothing solves the issue then wait for Bethesda to patch it out with a hotfix. As many gamers are facing the Starfield Audio Bug Issue the developers are likely to introduce an update to solve it. So keep the game updated to the latest version at all times.