Amazon.com is one of the largest e-commerce platforms right now. It was set up by an American multinational conglomerate technology company and is considered one of the biggest technology companies besides Google, Apple and Facebook.
It focuses on e-commerce, digital streaming and more. But sadly it does not have a built-in Dark mode.
However, if you read this guide till the end, you will learn how to enable Amazon Dark Mode on the app and website.
To know how you need to keep on reading.
Why Should I Enable Amazon Dark Mode?
Browsing and shopping from Amazon is the norm for thousands of Amazon customers. So if you are shopping on the e-commerce platform for a long time. Then the bright white screen puts a strain on one’s eyes.
But Amazon Dark Mode will help you shop by putting less strain on your eyes. Since Amazon does not have a built-in dark mode feature, a lot of users are having a hard time enabling dark mode on Amazon.
While you are here, you must be one of those Amazon users. Don’t you? If YES then look no further as we have a guide explaining the same in a very easy way.
How to Enable Dark Mode On Amazon
Although there is no official built-in dark mode, one can use the Night Eye browser extension. It is simple to use a dark mode extension that enables dark mode on Amazon and is available for all major browsers.
- Install Night Eye for your preferred browser.
- Open the extension by clicking on the icon near the address bar in your browser
- Pick a preferred language
- Doing this will switch the Amazon website into dark mode.
One can also use Turn Off the Lights, a free and Open-Source browser extension. It is available for all web browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
How to Install Turn Off the Lights Browser Extension
- First, you need to search for the ‘Turn Off The Lights’ extension on the web.
- After that, you need to add it to your browser.
- Once added, right-click on the Gray Lamp icon and then choose Options.
- Select the Night Mode tab
- Enable the first checkbox
- Open Amazon the night switch will be on the bottom left of the screen.
- Toggle the Night Mode on and off.
Customize The Night Mode Feature
- Double Click on the grey lamp button
- A mini settings panel will open.
- Check the Night Mode tab
- Change the background, text, and hyperlink colour.
- The browser extension will save the new values automatically.
How to Change The Position Of The Night Switch
To change the position of the night switch, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to options and Open the Turn Off the Lights extension
- Click on Night Mode
- Scroll down and click on the Position of the switch
- Change the settings to
- Bottom Left
- Bottom Right
- Top Left
- Top Right
- Click on the switch.
- Hold and move it to the location you want.
- Activate Night Mode with a long press
Activate Night Mode With Long Press
- Long press the current web page
- Enable the Night Mode feature.
- But to do this, one must first enable Turn Off the Lights Options page.
- Long press on the web page and activate the Amazon Dark Mode theme.
How to Enable Amazon Dark Mode on Android:
- Open Settings on Android
- Choose the About Phone option.
- Tap the Build number 7 times
- Enable the developer option.
- Return to the Settings page
- Open the System Settings.
- Open the Developer options
- Scroll down and Override the force-dark mode setting
- Turn on the toggle next to it
- Enable dark mode on your device
- Navigating to Settings
- Click on Display
- Click on dark mode
- Turn on the toggle.
- Open the Amazon app with dark mode on your phone.
How to Get Amazon Dark Mode on iPhone/iPad:
To enable dark mode on Amazon on iPhone or iPad, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Open Settings.
- Select the Accessibility menu.
- Under the Vision section Select Display & Text Size.
- Tap on the Toggle to enable smart invert.
- Launch the Amazon shopping app with the dark theme.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon Website Using Chrome Browser
- Launch the Chrome browser
- Enter chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark in the URL bar.
- Change the setting of Auto Dark Mode from Default to Enabled.
- Restart your Chrome browser.
- Open the Amazon website (https://www.amazon.com/) and use it with the dark theme.
Hope this article will be helpful to you for activating Amazon Dark Mode.