Is Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox One not working for you? If your answer is YES then you have come to the right place.
Ever since Hogwarts Legacy was officially released on Xbox One on May 5th, 2023, a lot of players have been encountering crashing, lagging or freezing issues while launching or playing the game.
It has been more than a week since the game was released on Xbox One but the devs have not acknowledged the issue as of now.
A lot of users who purchased the Xbox One version of Hogwarts Legacy took to social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit complaining that they are unable to play the game smoothly.
Whenever they launch Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox One, they are asked to repurchase it to play the game.
If you too are having the same issue then don’t worry, we have got you some effective solutions.
To know what those solutions are and how they work, you need to keep on reading:
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Fix Hogwarts Legacy On Xbox One Not Working
Since the devs of Hogwarts Legacy have not released any solution for this issue, we have discovered a bunch of ways that could fix the issue.
Method 1: Restart Xbox One
If you already own Hogwarts Legacy’s Xbox One version but when you launch it on the console, you are asked to purchase it again then the first thing you should do is restart your Xbox One.
If you don’t know how to restart Xbox One then follow the steps written below:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your Controller.
- Now, select ‘Restart Console’.
- Doing this will restart your Console.
Once restarted, search for Hogwarts Legacy and then launch it on Xbox One to check if the error remains.
If you continue to encounter the same issue then apply the following methods.
Method 2: Check For Game Update
The second method that could resolve the Hogwarts Legacy not working on Xbox One is updating the game to the latest version.
Yes, if your game is not up to date, make sure to update it now. If you don’t know how to update Hogwarts Legacy to the latest version, follow the steps written below:
- Navigate to the My Games and Apps section on your Xbox One.
- Now, search for Hogwarts Legacy and press the Menu button.
- Now, select ‘Manage game and add-ons‘.
- Now, update the game if there is any update available.
- That’s it.
Once you have successfully updated, launch the game and check if the issue is gone or not.
Method 3: Clear The Cache
The next method that could fix the Hogwarts Legacy not working on Xbox One is clearing the cache of the game.
To clear the cache on Xbox One, follow the steps written below:
- First, press and hold the Xbox button on your Controller.
- When the Power Menu appears, select ‘Turn off Console’.
- Once turned off, unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
- Once unplugged, wait for a few seconds and then plug the power cord back in.
- Once done, turn the Console On.
- Once done, launch the game and check if the issue remains.
- That’s it.
Method 4: Reinstall Hogwarts Legacy
The next solution needs you to reinstall the game. Those who don’t know the procedure must follow the steps written below:
- First, navigate to the My Games and Apps section on your console.
- Find Hogwarts Legacy and press the Menu button.
- Now, select ‘Uninstall’ and complete the process.
- Once uninstalled, head to the Microsoft Store and download and reinstall Hogwarts Legacy.
- Once reinstalled, launch it and check if the issue is fixed.
- That’s it.
Method 5: Contact Support Team
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked for you then the only thing you have left is to contact the support team of Hogwarts Legacy.
Once contacted, inform the about the issue and request them to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix Hogwarts Legacy not working on Xbox One.