Do you want to use Google Calendar in Dark Mode? If your answer is YES then you are in the right place.
For the unversed, Google Calendar is a time-management or scheduling calendar developed by Google.
It allows users to schedule events and set reminders. In Google Calendar, several options allow users to create and edit events.
Google Calendar is used by many users to schedule their daily events and to set reminders but after extended hours, they feel pressure on their eyes and cause discomfort.
This is happening because of its bright background and that’s the reason why everyone wants to enable Google Calendar dark mode.
Unfortunately, the desktop version of Google Calendar does not have any dark mode theme. Luckily, there are some ways to enable dark mode in Google Calendar.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of using Google Calendar in dark mode on any device.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
How to Enable Dark Mode For Google Calendar Web Client
If you use Google Calendar on a PC and wish to use it in Dark Mode then you need to use browser extensions.
As I said, the desktop version of Google Calendar has no native dark theme but you can use Google Calendar in dark mode by using third-party extensions available on the internet.
There are thousands of third-party extensions available that you can use to enable the dark mode in Google Calendar.
In our example, we are using the Dark Reader extension to enable dark mode in Google Calendar.
Here is how you can use the Dark Reader to enable the dark mode in Google Calendar:
- First, you need to install the Dark Reader extension on your web browser. For that, visit its official page and click on Add to Chrome button and install the extension.
- After installing the extension, go to the Google Calendar web client and right-click on Dark Reader’s extension icon from the top.
- Now, select Only for calendar.google.com if you only want to use Google Calendar in dark mode.
- From the drop-down menu, you can customize various parameters such as Brightness, Contrast, and more.
- Under the Filter tab, click on the Dark option to switch to Dark mode.
- This will enable the dark theme in your Google Calendar as you can see in the image below.
- That’s it.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Google Calendar App for Android
The Android version of Google Calendar has an inbuilt dark mode feature. Here is how you can enable it.
Enabling the dark mode in the Android version of Google Calendar is pretty simple. All you have to do is open the Google Calendar App.
- Tap on Three Horizontal Lines in the top left corner.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Now select General.
- Scroll down and tap on the Theme option.
- Now, select the Dark option.
- When you do so, you will have the Google Calendar dark mode enabled.
- That’s it.
How to Enable Dark Mode in the Google Calendar App for iOS
Unfortunately, there is no inbuilt option available in the iOS version of the Google Calendar App, you need to change the phone theme to use it in dark mode.
Here is how you can change the theme in iOS mobile:
- Go to Settings and look for the Display and Brightness option.
- When you tap on it, you will see two options under the appearance. One is Light and the other one is Dark.
- Tap on the Dark option to enable the dark mode on your iOS mobile phone.
- Once you enable the dark mode, your Google Calendar app theme will switch to dark.
That’s all you need to about how to enable the dark mode in Google Calendar.