Are you encountering the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem? If your answer is YES then don’t worry you are not alone.
Windows 11 is the latest version of the Windows Operating system. Like any other version of the Windows operating system Windows 11 also shows issues sometimes.
Currently, many Windows 11 users facing the Wifi Symbol Not Showing problem and desperately looking for a way to resolve this problem because it prevents them from connecting to a WIFI connection.
In this guide, we will show you why you are encountering the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem and how to fix it.
Why Is Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11?
There are several reasons why you are encountering the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem such as:
- Disabled WIFI Network Adapter: Sometimes the WIFI icon disappears from the taskbar because WIFI Network Adapter is disabled from the settings.
- Issues In Internet Connection: It is possible that you are facing these issues because there is an issue in the network connection. In that case, you need to use the in-build Windows troubleshooter to troubleshoot all issues related to your internet connection.
- Outdated Network Drivers: Sometimes the WIFI icon disappears from the taskbar and you are unable to use the internet connection because you have an outdated version of Network Drivers.
- Incorrect Network Settings: It is also possible that you are encountering the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem because your network settings are incorrect.
How to Fix the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 Problem
Use the following methods to fix the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
Before you start troubleshooting your problem by using the other methods mentioned below. We recommend you restart your devices.
Restarting the device will resolve all temporary bugs and glitches present in your device and fix all issues caused by these glitches.
Method 2: Enable Wi-Fi Network Adapter
As I mentioned above, you are encountering the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem because your Wifi network adapter is disabled.
To fix this problem you need to enable it. Here is how you can do it,
- Click on Windows Search Bar and type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- From the control panel window, select the Network & Internet option.
- Here select the Change Adapter Settings option from the left-hand side menu.
- Right-click on Wifi Adapter Icon and select the Enable option from the drop-down menu.
- That’s it, restart your device and see if your problem is fixed.
Method 3: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter
To troubleshoot the system settings Windows has an in-built troubleshooter. In this method, we are going to use this troubleshooter to troubleshoot your WIFi icon disappear problem.
Here is how you can troubleshoot your WIFI Settings:
- Click on the Windows Search bar and type Troubleshoot Settings and click Open to open the troubleshooter.
- Once you are on the troubleshooter window click on the Additional Troubleshooter option option.
- This will open different options, search and click on the Internet Connection option and select Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Now wait for the process to complete and check if your problem is fixed.
Method 4: Restart WLAN Autoconfig Service
If you have tried troubleshooting the internet connection settings using Windows in-built troubleshooter but still facing the same problem then the next thing you need to do is restart WLAN Autoconfig Service.
Here is how you can do that,
- Open the Run Prompt by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Type services. msc and hit Enter.
- This will open the window where you can see the list of all services.
- Scroll down and find the WLAN Autoconfig Service and right-click on it and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- This will open a pop-up window where select the General tab and make sure you have set the Setup Type as Automatic and click Apply and then click OK.
Method 5: Reset Network Settings
Next, you can try resetting your Networks Settings. Follow the steps written below to reset your device network settings.
- Click on Windows Search Bar and type Reset Network.
- Click on Open.
- Now click on Reset Now button to reset your network settings.
That’s it these are some methods you can follow to fix the Wifi Symbol Not Showing Windows 11 problem.