ChatGPT is an AI-powered chatbot that is capable of answering all questions you ask in a human-like conversation manner.
This amazing chatbot is released by an AI company called Open-AI. To provide easy access to this chatbot, Open-AI released a browser extension called WebChatGPT.
To use the WebChatGPT extension, you have to add it to your web browser like Chrome, Firefox, and more, and start a conversation with ChatGPT.
Unfortunately, like any other service, WebChatGPT is not free from bugs and errors. Recently, many users have reported the problem saying that “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working”.
If you are also getting the same problem then you are in the right place. In this guide, you’ll learn why are you facing the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” problem and how to fix it.
What Cases the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” Problem?
There are several reasons that often lead users to face the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” Problem.
To make your work easier, we have enlisted some common reasons that could lead to this issue:
- Outdated Extension: If you are using the outdated version of the WebChatGPT extension then you need to update it to the latest version to fix the issue.
- Compatibility Issues: Sometimes, extensions are not compatible with the Chrome version and cause issues. So, the next thing you have to do is check if the WebChatGPT extension is compatible with the version of Chrome you are using.
- ChatGPT Issue: It is possible that you are experiencing the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” issue because the server of Open AI is down for maintenance.
Whatever reason is causing the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” problem, you can fix it by using the methods written below.
How to Fix the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” Problem
Here are some effective methods that will help you to fix the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” problem.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection
To use ChatGPT service, you need to have a high-speed and stable internet connection. If you have any issues with your internet connection then you have to fix it to fix the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” problem.
To fix the internet connectivity problem, you need to restart your WIFI router. If your problem persists then contact your internet service provider and ask them to resolve your internet-related issues.
Method 2: Check Update
As I mentioned above, an outdated app version will cause several issues. To avoid issues, you need to check for your browser updates and update it if you are using the outdated version of the Chrome browser.
You can also make sure that you are using the latest version of WebChatGPT Extension.
Method 3: Reinstall the Extension
If you have tried all of the above-written methods but are still getting the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” problem then you can try Uninstalling and Reinstalling the WebChatGPT Extension.
Here’s how to Uninstall or Remove the WebChatGPT Extension:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click on the Three Dots located at the top right corner and choose More Tools.
- Now, select the Extension option.
- Here, you will see all extensions installed on your Chrome browser.
- Locate the WebChatGPT Extension and click Remove to uninstall it.
- That’s it.
Here’s how to reinstall the WebChatGPT Extension:
- Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webchatgpt-chatgpt-with-i/lpfemeioodjbpieminkklglpmhlngfcn.
- Click on the blue Add to Chrome button.
- Then click on Add Extension.
- When you do, it will redirect you to the ChatGPT website where you have to Sign in with your email address.
- After signing into ChatGPT, you will be able to use the WebChatGPT Extension.
That’s all you need to know about how to Fix the “WebChatGPT Extension Not Working” Problem.