If you are getting the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” error on YouTube then you are in the right place.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” error.
After TikTok and Instagram, YouTube released a new feature called YouTube Shorts wherein content creators upload videos of 1 minute or less.
YouTube allows users to add or change the thumbnails on their shorts after uploading the Short Videos.
There are many ways to change your thumbnail on a YouTube Short but the process is not as straightforward as normal videos.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to change your Thumbnail on YouTube Shorts.
- First, open the YouTube app and go to the “My Videos” section.
- There, you need to find the video whose thumbnail you want to change.
- Once found, click on the “Edit” button.
- Now, go to the “Basic Settings” section and then click on the “Change Thumbnail” button.
- When you do so, a popup window will appear on your screen with several options for changing your thumbnail.
- That’s it.
This is the simplest way to change the thumbnail of YouTube Shorts.
However, because of some unknown reason, many YouTube content creators have been having a hard time changing the thumbnail on their YouTube Shorts.
According to their complaints, they get the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” error whenever they try to change the thumbnail of their YouTube Short.
If you too are having the same error then keep on reading.
How to Fix the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” Error in YouTube Shorts
For the unversed, YouTube recently removed an option allowing YouTube content creators to change or edit the thumbnail of YouTube Shorts.
Due to this, YouTube content creators are unable to change the thumbnail of YouTube Shorts and are getting the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” error message when they try to change the thumbnail.
Fortunately, we have found a Chrome extension called TubeBuddy that allows YouTubers to change thumbnails on their YouTube Shorts without deleting them.
If you don’t know how to change YouTube Short thumbnail using TubeBuddy extension then follow the steps written below:
- First, open your Chrome browser and go to TubeBuddy’s official website.
- Now, Add or install this extension to your Chrome browser by clicking on Install for Free button.
- Once you have successfully installed the TubeBuddy extension, you need to Sign in with your YouTube Account.
- After that, go to the Short video in which you want to change the thumbnail.
- Click on Edit and scroll down and go to the Thumbnail section.
- There, you will see the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” Error message.
- Now, click on Create Thumbnail button. If you have not installed the TubeBuddy extension yet, you would see any button.
- When you click on the Create Thumbnail button, a new window will appear where you can see different options for creating the thumbnails.
- Click on Step 2: Layers tab.
- Now, click on the Image option at the right side of the window.
- Click the “+” option and choose the thumbnail you want to upload.
- notably, you need to buy a license in order to upload the image using TubeBuddy. If you don’t want to buy a license then it will only allow you to upload two thumbnail for free.
- Now, choose the Thumbnail and customize it by using the tools provided by TubeBuddy and click on Continue.
- After that, click on Save & Publish button.
- When you do so, you will have your YouTube Shorts thumbnail changed.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the “For Now, You Can’t Change the Thumbnail On Your Short” error.