Storing important data a computer could be risky or dangerous if a computer is infected with virus or malwares.
To prevent important documents from getting infected with viruses, the majority of users use external hard drives like Seagate.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who use Seagate external hard drive to save important files and docs are currently complaining that their hard drive is not showing on Windows 10 and 11.
If you too are having the ‘Seagate external hard drive not showing up in Windows’ error then look no further as we have got you covered.
If you don’t have any important data in your Seagate exertanl hard drive then you can simply reset the hard drive.
But what to do when your external drive has important data in it? That’s why, we have created a guide explaining multiple methods to fix Seagate External Hard Drive not showing up error.
Before I teach you how to fix this Seagate external hard drive not showing up problem, let’s find out the reason that causes this frustrating issue.
Here are some common reasons that often lead to this error:
⦁ Broken USB port or broken USB cable
⦁ Unsupported File System
⦁ Partition issues on the hard drive
⦁ The hard drive driver is corrupted or outdated.
How to Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10/11
Follow the below-mentioned steps to solve the Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing Up problem.
Method 1: Try a Different USB Port or USB Cable
Sometimes, your Seagate external hard drive blink but not showed up on your computer. If that’s the case then you can fix this by rebooting your PC.
If you are still getting the same issue then unplug the external hard drive and try using a different USB port to reconnect your Seagate external hard drive.
You can also try using another USB Cable because it is possible that this might be happening due to faulty USB cables.
If this method doesn’t work for you then try other given methods to solve the problem.
Method 2: Update or Reinstall the Device Driver
Sometimes, your Seagate External hard drive does not show up in Device Manager, it gets detected in disk management and shows up as un-allocated.
This happened because of outdated drivers. You can simply fix this issue by updating your system drivers.
Here’s how to update ore reinstall the Device Driver:
- First, open the Run Prompt by pressing the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- Now type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- It will open up the Device Manager.
- Now search for Disk drives and expand them.
- Now check if any devices need to be updated. If you find any device with a yellow exclamation point next to them, right-click on its name and select Update Driver.
- If updating the drivers does not fix the problem then you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
- For that, right click on any device you want and choose Uninstall Device which will help you completely Uninstall Drivers.
- Once deleted, reboot your PC and drivers will be reinstalled automatically.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Initialize the External Hard Drive
In case you have connected the new Seagate External drive and you are facing the Seagate External Drive not Showing up in your computer then you have to check the Disk Manager.
There you’ll see all the available hard drives which are connected and recognized by the computer.
If your external hard drive does not initialise, then you can Follow the simple steps below to initialise the disk,
- To initialize your external hard drive, you have to open up the Disk Manager.
- For that press the Windows + X key on your keyboard and choose Disk Management from the list.
- Now right-click on the disk and select Initialize Disk.
- Choose the proper partition type as shown in the image and click OK.
- That’s it.
We hope this guide helped you fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10/11.