Are you getting the Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version error message in your Macbook? If your answer is YES then don’t worry you are not alone.
Many Roblox users experiencing the same error message while trying to launch the Roblox game on their Macbook.
This is a very annoying problem because it does not let you play your favorite Roblox game. In this guide, we will show you why you are experiencing the Unable to Fetch Current Version error and how to fix it.
Why You Are Getting the Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version Error On MacBook?
There are several reasons why you are getting the Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version error on your MacBook. The most common reasons include:
- Outdated System Software: It may be possible that you are facing the Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version error message on your Mac Book because you have an outdated version of the system software.
- Outdated App Version: If you have the latest system software then it may be possible that you are experiencing this problem because your Roblox app is outdated.
- Issues in Server: Sometimes players are unable to launch the game and encounter issues because the Roblox server is down or under maintenance. In that case, you need to wait for the issues to be fixed.
- Internet Connection: The most common reason for many technical issues is poor or unstable internet connection. It may be possible that you are also facing this problem because you have issues with your internet.
How to Fix the Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version Error On MacBook
Apply the following methods to fix the Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version Error on MacBook.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
Before you start troubleshooting this error message on your Mac using any other method make sure to restart your device.
Sometimes you are encountering issues because there are bugs and glitches present in your device.
These glitches are temporary and can be resolved by restarting your device. So, restart your device and see if your problem is fixed.
Method 2: Update System Software
As I mentioned above, you may be encountering the issues because you have pending System Updates.
In that case, updating your system software will resolve your problem. To do that click on the Apple icon from the top left corner and select the System Settings option from the menu.
Under the system settings option click on Software Update. this will check for available software updates. If you have a Pending System Software update then you can update it by clicking on the Update button.
Method 3: Clear Cache Files
Sometimes you are facing issues because of corrupted and outdated cache files. In that case, clearing the cache files will resolve your problem.
Here is how you can clear the cache on your MacBook:
- On your MacBook click on the Go tab under the menu bar and select the Go To Folder option.
- This will open the pop-up window, now type ~/Library/Caches into the dialogue box and hit Enter.
- This will open the Caches folder on your MacBook.
- Now Select and Delete all files in this folder.
- Once done, restart your device and check if your problem is fixed.
Method 4: Temporarily Disable the VPN And Firewall
Sometimes you are unable to connect to the Roblox server and get the error message because of the active VPN or Firewall blocking your connection to the Roblox server.
In that case, disabling the VPN and Firewall will resolve your Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version error.
To disable the VPN and FIrewall on MacBook follow the steps written below:
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Select the System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now go to the Networks tab from the left-hand side menu and select the Firewall option.
- Click on the Toggle button in front of the Firewall option to turn it off.
- Now go back to the Networks tab and click on the VPN option.
- Now click on the Toggle button in front of the VPN option to turn it off.
Close the system settings window and go to the Roblox app and check if your problem is fixed.
Method 5: Check your Internet Connection
Now the last thing you need to do is check your internet connection. It may be possible that you are unable to connect to the Roblox server because you have a poor or unstable internet connection.
In that case, you need to check your internet connection using internet speed testers available on the internet and apply troubleshooting methods if you find any issues.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix Roblox Unable to Fetch Current Version error on MacBook.
After following all of the above-mentioned methods if your problem persists then you can contact Roblox Support and request them to help you resolve your problem.
The Roblox customer support team will look into your problem and provide you with some troubleshooting steps that will resolve your problem.