Are you encountering the PS2 Black Screen Error? If your answer is YES then don’t worry you are in the right place. It is very common to get a black screen while playing games on Consoles.
Many PS2 users encounter the PS2 Black Screen Error while booting their console. This very common error that PS2 users encounter. In this guide, you’ll learn why are you encountering the PS2 Black Screen Error and how to fix it.
So, without any further ado let’s get started:
What Causes the PS2 Black Screen Error?
There are several reasons that may cause the PS2 Black Screen Error when users try to start their PS2 console. The most common reasons are:
- AV Cables are not connected correctly: One of the most common reasons for encountering the PS2 Black Screen Error and black screen with sound problems is a loose and incorrect cable connection. It is possible that you are getting the black screen because the AV cable is not connected correctly.
- Incorrect System Configuration: To use the screen you need to select the right mode otherwise you won’t be able to get any video output.
- Damaged Cables: It is also possible that the cable you are using to connect your PS2 to the screen is damaged and has rust in its metallic part.
- Glitches and Bugs: Sometimes you encounter these types of issues and errors because of the bugs and glitches present in your console.
However, if you are facing the PS2 Black Screen Error then you can fix it by using the methods mentioned below.
How to Fix PS2 Black Screen Error
Here are some simple methods that you can try to fix the PS2 Black Screen Error.
Method 1: Reboot Your PS2 Console
As I mentioned earlier, one of the common reasons for encountering the PS2 Black Screen Error is temporary bugs and glitches present in your console.
So, to start fixing this black screen problem the first thing you can do is reboot your PS2 console. To do that shut down the console and unplug it from the switchboard.
Wait for a few minutes, plug the power bin back, and turn on the switch. Now restart your PS2 Console and check if the problem persists.
Method 2: Make Sure All Cables are Connected Correctly
It has been seen that users are encountering this type of problem because the cables that they are using to connect the console to the screen are loose and not connected correctly.
If rebooting your Console does not fix your problem then make sure all cables are connected correctly. Unplug the HDMI cable from the PS2 console and plug it into the correctly.
Method 3: Change System Configuration
In order to use the screen to get the video output you need to set the correct system configuration. It is possible that you are encountering the PS2 Black Screen Error because you have selected the wrong system configuration.
To get the video output on a TV or monitor you need to select the Component Video Out to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr. If you are encountering this problem then it is likely set on RGB.
In order to fix this problem you have to change it to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr. It is a little bit difficult for you to change the Component Video Out settings because you can’t see what is happening on the screen.
But here are five steps that you can follow to change the video output setting using your PS2 controller without having a screen working:
- To get started make sure you don’t have any game disks loaded into your console.
- Now, reset your PS2 console and it will load directly to the customization settings of the PlayStation 2.
- Now make sure your controller is turned on and working.
- First press one d-pad down and then X.
- This will open the system configuration.
- From here press the Down button on the d-pad Three times and then press X.
- Now press the Left button on the d-pad and press X.
- This will select the Component Video Out to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr and you will be able to see the screen.
- That’s it.