Apex Legends is a very popular game and has a huge fan base. People love to play this game because of its graphics, ability to make strategies, and unique power or abilities that each character has.
However, sometimes Apex Legends game encounters various issues like being unable to log in, the server not working, and other errors and problems.
Currently, some Apex Legends users took social media and reported that Matchmaking Not Working on Apex Legends.
If you are also facing the same problem then don’t worry as we got you covered. In this guide, we will show you what causes the Matchmaking Not Working on Apex Legends problem and how to fix it.
So, stay tuned and read the article till the end.
What Causes the Matchmaking Not Working On Apex Legends
There are several reasons that may possibly cause the Matchmaking Not Working on Apex Legends. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Internet Connection: Apex Legends is an online game that required high speed and stable internet connection to play the game properly without any issues. It may be possible that you are encountering this issue because you have an unstable and poor internet connection.
- Issues in Server: Sometimes you are facing this type of issue because the Apex Legends server is down or under maintenance.
- Bugs and Glitches: It is also possible that you are unable to find the match because of the bugs and glitches present in the game. Some of these glitches are temporary and some of them require proper troubleshooting steps to resolve.
- Missing Game Files: Another reason for getting the Matchmaking Not Working problem is missing or corrupted game files. If that is the case then verifying the game files will resolve your problem.
- Outdated Network Drivers: If everything is alright but still facing the same problem then it must be your system drivers that may be causing this issue.
Apex Legends Matchmaking Not Working Fix
Apply the following methods one by one until you find the one that will fix your Matchmaking Not Working problem on Apex Legends.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
To run the game smoothly, you need a strong and stable internet connection. If you have issues with your internet connection then you need to check your internet connection.
To do so, use the internet speed testers available on the internet. These internet speed testers give you complete information about your internet connectivity.
If you find any issue with your internet connection then you need to try restarting your WIFI router to fix this issue.
If restarting the WIFI router does not work for you then contact your internet service provider for further assistance.
Method 2: Check Server Status
If there is no issue with your internet connection and you are getting a strong and stable connection then the next thing you need to do is check Apex Legend server status.
You can use the down detector tools available on the internet to find the actual status of the server or visit the Apex Legends official social media handle and check if they have mentioned any outage or maintenance work.
If there is an issue with the server and the server is down then you need to wait until the issues will be resolved.
Method 3: Update Network Driver
If there is no issue with the Apex Legends server then the next thing you need to do is update network drivers.
To do that follow the steps written below,
- Click on Windows Search Bar and search for Device Manager.
- Click Open to open the device manager.
- Here you can see the list of options, find the Network Adapter option and Expand it.
- Now right-click on the device name you are using for the internet connection and select the Update Driver option from the menu.
- Next, select Search automatically for the driver option from the pop-up window.
- This will automatically search for the latest version of the driver and update your network driver.
- Now restart your device and check if your problem is fixed.
Method 4: Verify game files
Sometimes you may encounter various issues because of corrupted or missing game files. In that case, you need to verify your game files. Here is how you can do it.
- Launch the Steam App and go to Library.
- Here you can find the list of all games installed on your device.
- Find the Apex Legends and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- This will open a new window, select the Locat Files tab from the left-hand side.
- Now click on the Verify integrity of game files button.
- This will verify your game files and replace corrupted or missing game files from its directory.
Method 5: Reset Network Adapters
It may be possible that you are facing the Apex Legends Matchmaking Not Working problem because of faulty network adapters settings. In that case, resetting the settings will possibly fix your problem.
Here is how you can do it:
- Open the Run Prompt by pressing the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- Next type CMD and hit enter.
- This will open a command prompt, and enter the
netsh winsock resetcommand and hit Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart your device.
Method 6: Change the Game Server
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you then the last thing you need to do is change the game server. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch the Apex Legends same and press the Tab key on your keyboard or click the Data Center option.
- This will open a new window, here select the other server you want to connect.
- Now confirm your action and enter the game.
That’s it, we hope this guide helps you fix the Matchmaking Not Working on Apex Legends.