Many League of Legends players are encountering Error Code 900 while trying to open the in-game store to purchase items.
If you are also encountering the same error then you are in the right place. In this guide, you’ll learn why are you getting the League of Legends Error Code 900 and how to fix it.
Why Are You Encountering the League of Legends Error Code 900?
There will be several reasons why you are encountering the error code 900 in the League of Legends game. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Server Issue: One of the most common reasons for encountering any technical issue is a down and under maintenance server. It is possible that you are encountering the League of Legends Error Code 900 because its server is down for an update or facing issues.
- Client inconsistency: This particular error code can also occur due to temporary glitches present in the League of Legends client.
- Corrupted Cache Files: Every time you play the LOL game or purchase any item from the in-game store, temporary data will be stored in your device in the form of a cache. It may be possible that these cache files causing this error.
- Corrupted Installation: Corrupted and missing installation files also cause these types of issues. To fix this error you need to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Antivirus or Firewall interference: In some cases, users are facing issues because the Antivirus or Firewall installed in their device interferes with the game functionality and does not let the client make a connection with the server.
However, if you are encountering the League of Legends Error Code 900 then you can fix it by using the methods mentioned below.
How to Fix the League of Legends Error Code 900
Use the following methods to fix the League of Legends Error Code 900.
Method 1: Check Server Status
Before you start troubleshooting this problem by using any other methods mentioned below the first thing you need to do is check LOL’s server status.
To do that visit the Down Detector website and check for the League of Legends’s server status. This tool will give you complete information about the server based on reports submitted by the users.
After checking the server status if you find any issue then you need to wait for a while and try again later.
Method 2: Restart Game Client
As I mentioned earlier, you must be encountering the League of Legends Error Code 900 because there are temporary glitches present in your League of Legends client.
If that is the case, then you can fix this error code simply by restarting the game. After restarting the game check if your problem is fixed or not.
If you are still facing the same problem and unable to access the in-game store then you should try logging out of your account and then log back in.
This will refresh the game and resolve all temporary glitches.
Method 3: Clear Internet Option Cache
If restarting the client does not work for you then you should try clearing the internet option caches.
Some League of Legends players will be able to fix this problem by clearing the Internet Option Cache.
Here is how you can clear the Internet Option cache:
- Press the Windows + R keys together and open up the Run Prompt.
- Now, type “inetcpl.cpl” inside the text box, then hit Enter to open up the Internet Properties screen.
- Under the Internet Properties window, select the General tab.
- Here click on the Delete button under the Browsing History section.
- This will open a new window from where select the “Temporary Internet Files and website files”, “Cookies and website data”, and “Form Data” options.
- After selecting these options click on the Delete button.
That’s it, this will delete all Internet Option caches. Once done, relaunch the LOL game to see if your problem is fixed or not.
Method 4: Reinstall the Game
If clearing the Internet Option Cache does not fix your problem and you are still getting the error code 900 then the next thing you need to do is uninstall and reinstall the game.
Sometimes you encounter issues because of corrupted and missing installation files and reinstalling the game will fix all of these issues.
Here is how you can completely uninstall and reinstall the League of Legends game:
- Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom left corner of your screen and select the Settings option.
- Under the settings, select the Programs and Files option.
- This will show you all the software installed on your device. Look for the League of Legends game and right-click on it.
- Now, select the Uninstall option from the menu.
- This will uninstall the game completely.
- Once done, download the latest version of League of Legends game from its official website.
- That’s it.
Method 5: Contact RiotGames Customer Support
If you have tried all methods but still encountering the League of Legends Error Code 900 then the last thing you need to do is contact RiotGames Customer Support and request them to help you resolve your problem.
The support team will provide you with step-by-step instructions to fix the League of Legends Error Code 900.
That’s it, we hope this guide helps you fix the League of Legends Error Code 900.