Fitbit watches or bands provide various features such as Monitoring Heart-rate, Counting steps, and other health-related parameters.
In addition to these features, Fitbit also shows real-time notifications like phone calls, Message notifications, and more if your mobile phone is connected to the Fitbit watch.
Unfortunately, some users are getting the Fitbit Notification Service Not Working error and are unable to see their phone’s notification.
Also Read > Fix Fitbit Dashboard Not Showing Steps And Sleep
If you are also facing the same problem and looking for ways to fix it then you are in the right place.
In this guide, we will show you why are you facing the Fitbit Notification Service Not Working and how to fix it.
Why Are You Encountering the Fitbit Notification Service Not Working Problem?
You must be facing the Fitbit Notification Service Not Working problem because of several reasons. The most common reasons are:
- Notification permissions: One of the most possible reasons for getting the Fitbit Notification Service Not Working error is insufficient permissions. It is likely that you are encountering this problem because your Fitbit device does not have sufficient permissions to show notifications.
- Bluetooth connection: To get notifications in Fitbit, you need to make sure that your Fitbit device or mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth otherwise you won’t get any notifications. So make sure both devices have a stable Bluetooth connection.
- App settings: It is possible that the notification settings within your Fitbit App are incorrect. In that case, you need to check the notification settings and make sure that notifications are set to display on your Fitbit device.
- Third-party app interface: Sometimes you are facing issues because third-party applications interfere with your device functionality and cause various issues.
Also Read > How to Fix Fitbit Keeps Turning Off Problem
How to Fix the Fitbit Notification Service Not Working Problem
Apply the following methods to fix the Notification Service Not Working problem in Fitbit.
Method 1: Restart Your Phone or Fitbit Device
Restarting the device is the most common solution for several technical issues. So, before you start troubleshooting this problem, we recommend you restart your mobile device and Fitbit device as well and see if your problem is fixed.
If restarting the device does not fix your problem then you can try another method.
Method 2: Verify Bluetooth Connection
The second thing you need to make sure that the Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and Fitbit device is stable and properly established.
You can recheck the Bluetooth connection by disabling and re-enabling the connection on your phone. Also, make sure your Fitbit and mobile devices are within the range.
Re-establishing the Bluetooth connection will resolve all issues caused by an unstable Bluetooth connection and your problem will be fixed.
Method 3: Reinstall The Fitbit app
If you have tried both methods but still facing the Notification Service Not Working problem in Fitbit problem then the last thing you need to do is uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app on your mobile phone.
Here is how you can do it:
- First, close the Fitbit App completely.
- Open Google PlayStore or App Store and search for the Fitbit app.
- Once you find the app, tap on Uninstall button to delete the app from your phone.
- Once the Fitbit app is uninstalled successfully, wait for a few minutes and tap on Install Button to reinstall the app.
- After reinstalling the app launch it and log in to your Fitbit account and see if the problem is fixed.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the notification service not working problem in Fitbit devices.