Are you getting the Discord Soundboard not showing up on the server? If your answer is YES then you have come to the right place.
If you are an avid Discord user, you must know what Discord Soundboard is. For the unversed, it is a tool that allows Discord users to play audio clips, sound effects, and music during their Discord conversations.
By using this tool, Discord users can play any song or pre-recorded audio clip with just a click of a button.
Discord Soundboard can be used to make the conversation interesting, create an atmosphere, or add sound effects to enhance the audio experience.
Also Read > How to Turn Off Discord Soundboard
Unfortunately, a lot of Discord users are currently having Soundboard not showing up on the server.
If you too are having the same issue then don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Why Is Discord Soundboard Not Working?
There are plenty of reasons that could lead to Discord Soundboard not working issue. To make your work easier, we have mentioned some common reasons here.
- Incorrect Audio Settings — The first and most common reason for getting this problem is incorrect audio settings. To avoid audio-related problems, you need to make sure that your output and input devices are selected correctly.
- Soundboard Configuration — Wrong configuration could also cause this problem so you have to ensure that the soundboard is correctly configured with Discord.
- Permissions — Sometimes Soundboard does not have enough permissions to work properly. Ensure that the soundboard has the necessary permissions to work with Discord.
- Internet Connectivity — If you are using the online version of Discord Soundboard then make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection.
Irrespective of what reason is causing the Discord Soundboard not working problem, follow the steps written below to fix it now.
How to Fix the “Discord Soundboard Not Working” Problem?
If you are experiencing the “Discord Soundboard not working” problem, you can fix it using the effective methods written below.
Method 1: Check Audio Settings
As I mentioned earlier, you might be facing issues related to sound on Discord because of the incorrect Audio Settings.
To fix the “Discord Soundboard not working” problem, make sure your input and output devices are selected correctly.
Method 2: Reconfigure the Soundboard
The configuration also plays an important role, you need to ensure that the soundboard is correctly configured with Discord.
Once done, ensure Soundboard is connected to the same audio output device as Discord and that the sound level is appropriate.
Method 3: Verify Permissions
To run any program smoothly or work properly on Discord, it needs permission. It is possible that Soundboard does not have the required permissions and that’s the reason why you are encountering this issue.
To fix this problem, you need to check and provide enough permissions to Discord Soundboard.
Method 4: Update Discord
Outdated and older versions of Discord always cause technical issues. If you are using the older version of Discord then you need to update it to the latest version.
If you have already updated Discord to the latest version but continue to encounter the same issue then uninstall and reinstall Discord.
If you don’t know how to uninstall and reinstall Discord on PC then follow the steps written below:
First, you need to open the Run prompt by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
Once Run Prompt is opened, type %appdata% and hit the Enter button. When you d so, a new window will appear with multiple folders.
Now, right-click on the Discord folder and choose Delete.
Now, close the window and open Control Panel and click on Programs, scroll down and search for Discord, and uninstall it.
Once uninstalled, open the browser and go to Discord’s official website and download the Discord Setup File.
Once downloaded, click on Discord Setup File to Reinstall the Discord software. Once the installation process is completed, launch Discord and log in with your Discord account and check if the error remains.
Method 5: Check Internet Connectivity
Bad and Unstable internet connections could also cause these types of issues. If you are using the online version of Discord Soundboard then you need to ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.
How to Use Discord Soundboard
Don’t know how to use Discord Soundboard? Well, we have a step-by-step guide explaining how to use it now.
To add a sound to Discord Soundboard, you must be in a voice channel. To use Discord Soundboard, you need to add sound to Discord Soundboard first.
If you don’t know how then follow the steps written below:
- To adjust the volume of the sound coming from the Soundboard, right-click on the Soundboard icon.
- To add the sound, we need to click on Server Settings.
- Sometimes, you don’t see server settings because you don’t have enough permissions.
- Remember, the sound you add can be used by everyone on the server.
- To upload sound, click on Upload Sound.
- After that, click on Browse.
- When you do so, you will be asked to select a path where Sound is located.
- Now, select the path and click on Open.
- Now, adjust the length of the sound or cut down the unnecessary part.
- You can adjust the volume of the sound as well. Once done, click on Upload.
- That’s it, Sound will be added to Soundboard.
- You can also assign the shortcut key from below to use Soundboard in the game. Assign the key and click Save.
- Once done, click on User Settings to open Discord Overlay and scroll down and find Discord Overlay.
- Next, toggle on Enable In-game overlay and you are good to go.
- That’s it.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the Discord Soundboard not working issue.