If you are experiencing Decky Loader not working problem then don’t worry you are not the only person who is having this issue right now.
There are plenty of users who took to social media and complained that they are encountering Decky Loader not working, Decky Loader not showing or loading problems and more.
If you too are facing one of these problems then you can fix it by following the steps written below.
Apart from explaining how to fix this problem, we will explain what actually causes Decky Loader not working issue.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
What is Decky Loader?
Decky Loader is a homebrew plugin launcher for the Steam Deck. This plugin is used to stylize your menus, change system sounds, adjust your screen saturation, change additional system settings, and more.
Decky Loader has several features helping users to manage their consoles.
- It provides a clean injection and loading of multiple plugins.
- You don’t need to install it after every update.
- Decky Loader allows two-way communication between plugins and the loader.
- Allow fetching calls to bypass CORS.
There is no denying that Decky Loader does have numerous features but sometimes it does not work the way it must.
Why Are You Getting the Decky Loader Not Working Problem?
You might be experiencing or facing the Decky Loader not working problem because of several reasons.
However, we found the most common reason is Brocken plugins. Sometimes, it is a system-level problem that is very difficult to resolve.
Regardless of what reason is causing Decky Loader not working issue, you can fix it by applying the following methods.
How to Fix the “Decky Loader Not Working” Problem
Here are the methods that you can follow to fix the “Decky Loader not working” issue.
Method 1: Restart Your Console
Every time you face any technical issues or errors while using Decky Loader, the first thing you need to do is restart your device.
Restarting the device refreshes your system and gives you a fresh start. Before you apply any technical method to fix the issue, restart your console and check if the error remains.
If restarting the device does not work for you then you should try another method given below to fix this problem.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Dencky Loader
Now the second method to fix the “Decky Loader Not Working” problem is by uninstalling and reinstalling the Decky Loader.
Follow the steps written below to Uninstall the Decky Loader,
- First, open your console and press the ‘Steam’ button and open the Power menu.
- Now, select ‘Switch to Desktop’.
- Next, Run the installer file, and select ‘Uninstall Decky Loader’.
- When you do so, you will have the Decky Loader uninstalled from your console.
- After Uninstalling the Decky Loader, you need to Reinstall it. To reinstall the Decky loader you need a mouse or Keyboard and connect them with Steam Deck via USB-C or Bluetooth.
- Once connected follow the steps written below:
- Press the ‘Steam‘ button and open the Power menu.
- Select ‘Switch to Desktop’.
- Open Browser and search for Decky Loader.
- Click on the first link, where you can get the Downloading link for Decky Loader.
- Download the Installer File.
- Once the downloading process is completed, drag the file onto your desktop and double-click it to run it.
- Now, type your admin password.
- Choose the version of the Decky Loader you want to install.
- Once installed, Open the Return to Gaming Mode shortcut on your desktop.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Remove Plugins
After following both methods, if your problem persists then you can try this advanced troubleshooting method.
In this method, you have to remove, delete or move Plugins from the folder one by one and restart your deck one at a time until you figure out which one’s breaking your stuff.
By using this method you will figure out the faulty plugins and replace them and fix the Decky Loader Not Working problem.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the “Decky Loader not working” problem.