Darktide is a multiplayer game developed and published by Fatshark. In the game, the player plays the role of different characters. The game is heavily focused on cooperative gameplay and allows users to play as a team and complete various missions.
Unfortunately, some Darktide players are currently facing backend errors while trying to sign into the game. This error creates frustration among the players because it prevents them from playing the game.
If you are also facing the same problem then don’t worry. In this guide, you’ll learn what causes the Darktide backend error and how to fix it.
So, without any further ado let’s get started:
What Causes the Darktide Backend Error?
You might be experiencing the Darktide Backend Error because of several reasons. To make your work easier, we have mentioned the most common reasons here:
- Issues In Server: It is possible that you are facing this problem because there is an issue in the Darktide server.
- Antivirus and Firewall: Sometimes your Windows firewall or any third-party antivirus mark the process suspicious and start blocking your access to the Darktide server and does not let you pass through the firewall and causing this problem. In that case, you need to adjust the firewall settings to fix this error.
- Corrupted or Missing Game Files: It is also possible that you are getting the Darktide Backend Error and are unable to log into the game because of the corrupted and missing game files.
How to Fix the Darktide Backend Error
Irrespective of what reason is causing the Darktide Backend error, you can fix it by using the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
Whenever you get any type of error while playing or launching Darktide, the first thing you need to do is restart your device.
Restarting the device will resolve all temporary glitches present in your device and also resolve issues caused by these glitches.
So, before you start troubleshooting this error, we recommend you try restarting your device and see if your problem is fixed.
If restarting the device does not work for you then you should move to another method mentioned below.
Method 2: Check Your Login Credentials
Sometimes, you are unable to log in because you have entered the login details incorrectly. So, the next thing you need to do is verify your login credentials and try to enter the correct details and try again.
Method 3: Disable Your Windows Firewall or Antivirus
If you have entered login credentials correctly but still facing the same problem then it must be your Windows firewall that causing the Darktide Backend Error.
In that case, you need to temporarily disable your Windows firewall or any third-party antivirus installed on your device and see if the issue is fixed.
Here is how you can disable your Windows Firewall:
- Click on the Windows Search bar and type Virus and Thread Protection and click Open.
- Now, click on Manage Settings under the Virus and Thread Protection Settings section.
- Now, click on the Toggle buttons to turn off the Firewall.
- Now, close the window and try to log in to the game again.
If this works then it is your Windows firewall that was causing the problem. Now adjust the firewall settings and allow the game to pass through the firewall.
Method 4: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
If you have tried all of the above-mentioned methods but still facing the same problem then you must be encountering this problem because of the corrupted or missing game files.
In that case, you need to verify the integrity of game files from Steam. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch the Steam app.
- Once the Steam app starts successfully, go to Library and right-click on Darktide Game.
- Select the Properties option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Installed Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files button.
- Wait for the verification process to complete.
Steam will verify your game file and replace corrupted or missing game files with new files from its database and your problem will be fixed.
That’s it, we hope this guide helped you fix the Darktide Backend Error.