Is copy and paste not working on Android? If your answer is YES then don’t worry, you have come to the right place.
Many people face this problem while trying to copy and paste the contents from one place to another place on an Android device.
Copy and Paste is a function that allows users to copy and paste any content they want. It reduces the time of typing a whole bunch of paragraphs and other things and reduces the chances of mistakes.
In day-to-day life, we all use copy-and-paste features to reduce our work and do the task faster and more precisely.
This feature is available in every operating system including Android and iPhones but sometimes users face issues and are unable to use this feature.
Similarly, some Android users are currently facing the Copy and Paste not working problem while trying to copy and paste the contents from one place to another place.
In this guide, we will explain what causes the Copy and Paste not working problem on Android and how to fix it.
What Causes The Copy and Paste Not Working on Android?
There are several reasons that could lead to the Copy and Paste Not Working problem on Android. The most common reasons are:
- App-specific limitation: Some apps or websites do not allow users to copy and paste the content. You may be facing this problem because the app or website you are using restricts you from using the Copy and Paste feature within their interface.
- Clipboard issues: Clipboard, you must be aware of it. It is a temporary storage area within your operating system that stores copy-and-paste contents. If there is an issue in Clipboard then you are unable to copy and paste any content.
- Keyboard-related issues: To make the keyboard more attractive and use fancy keyboards some users use third-party keyboard apps. If you are also using the third-party keyboard app then it is possible that the app itself has some issues which is why you are unable to use the Copy-and-Paste feature on your Android device.
- System-related Issues: Sometimes you are facing such type of problems because your Android operating system has issues. It is possible that you have a pending software update and other system-related issues.
How to Fix the Copy and Paste Not Working on Android
If you are experiencing the Copy and Paste Not Working problem on your Android device then here are some basic methods that you can try to fix the issue.
Method 1: Restart Your Mobile Device
Restarting the device is one of the most common solutions for these types of problems. So before you move to the other methods mentioned below, restarting your Android device is highly recommended.
Sometimes, you face this type of problem because there are bugs and glitches present in your device.
These glitches are temporary and can be fixed by simply restarting your device. So, the first thing you need to do is try restarting your device and see if your problem is fixed.
Method 2: Clear Clipboard Data
As I mentioned above, you may be experiencing the Copy and Paste Not Working on Android problem because there is an issue with your clipboard.
In that case, you can fix these issues by clearing the clipboard data. Here is how you can do it:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Now go to Apps and then select Manage App.
- Now look for the app you are using and tap on it.
- Now tap on Clear Data and select Clear Cache.
- Then select Clear.
Method 3: Check For System Update
Sometimes you might be experiencing system feature-related issues because you have pending updates.
In that case, you need to check for system updates and update it if available. To do that go to Settings > About Phone > System Update > Check For Update.
Method 4: Switch keyboard apps
If you are using any third-party keyboard app then it is likely that the keyboard app is causing the Copy and Paste not working problem on your Android device.
If that is the case then switching to the default keyboard app will fix your problem.
Method 5: Factory Reset your Device
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you then the last thing you need to do is factory reset your device.
Doing this will erase all data, apps, and custom settings from your device. So before performing a factory reset don’t forget to create a backup of your data.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the Copy and Paste not working on Android.