Apple watch comes with various in-built features and functionality, one of them is Heartbeat Monitoring.
This feature continuously measures the user’s heart rate using heart rate monitoring sensors. It allows users to monitor their heart rate especially when they are working out.
Unfortunately, some users are having issues and reported the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” problem on social media.
If you are also facing the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” Problem then don’t worry. In this guide, you’ll learn why are you encountering this problem and how to fix it.
What Causes the Heart Rate Not Showing Problem On Apple Watch?
There are several reasons that may cause the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” issue. The most common reasons are:
- Wearing the Watch Too Loosely: To measure the heart rate, your Apple watch sensors must be touching your hand perfectly. If you wear the watch too loose then the sensor might fail to measure the heart rate and show no results.
- Dirty or Sweaty Skin: It is possible that you are facing the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” problem because your skin is sweaty and the back of your Apple watch is dirty.
- Low battery: Sometimes you are unable to use the specific feature on your Apple Watch because of the low battery. You may be encountering the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” problem because your Apple Watch does not have sufficient battery backup to measure the heart rate.
- Outdated Software: If your Apple Watch and its associated software are not updated then you may run through various issues.
How to Fix the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” Problem
Use the following methods to fix the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” problem.
Method 1: Make sure the Apple Watch is Fitted Correctly
To get accurate heart rate readings on Apple Watch, your Apple Watch should fit correctly. If you wear the watch too loose then its sensor is unable to measure the heart rate because there is a distance between the Apple Watch sensor and your body.
In most cases, users are unable to get their heart rate readings because their Apple Watch is moving during the workout.
In that case, you need to tighten your Apple Watch strap. Make sure your watch strap is not too tight because too tight watch straps could also cause several issues.
Method 2: Clean the Back of Your Apple Watch
In Apple Watch, heart rate or other sensors are located backside. If you are using the device during the workout then it is highly possible that it will get dirty because of the dirt and sweat.
These dirty sensors are unable to work properly and cause issues. In that case, you need to clean the back of your Apple Watch and try to measure the heart rate once again.
Method 3: Restart Your Watch
Sometimes users encounter difficulties because of the technical glitches present in their Apple Watch.
Luckily, these glitches are temporary and can be fixed by simply restarting the device. If you have already cleaned your watch but still facing the issues then you must restart your Apple Watch and see if it works.
Method 4: Update Your Apple Watch
You might be experiancing the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” problem because your watch software is outdated.
In that case, updating the Apple Watch software installed on your device will fix your problem. Here is how you can update your Apple Watch software:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your mobile device.
- Now, select General.
- Here you will see multiple options, tap on Software update.
- This will scan your Apple Watch software version and show you the software version.
- If your Apple Watch software is outdated then you can update it by tapping on Update Button.
Once your Apple Watch Software is updated to the latest version, try measuring your heart rate and see if the issue is fixed.
We hope this guide helped you fix the “Apple Watch Not Showing Heart Rate” problem.