Are you getting the “An error has occurred” in Pokemon Sleep while trying to play the Pokemon Sleep game? If your Yes then don’t worry, you are not alone in this.
Many Pokemon Sleep users encounter the error message that says “An error has occurred. You’ll now return to the title screen. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
Users who are getting this error message have only one option, tap on OK and reopen the app. But after reopening the app they will get the same error message.
In this guide, we will show you why are you getting the “An error has occurred” in Pokemon Sleep and how to fix this error message.
Why Are You Getting the “An error has occurred” In Pokemon Sleep
After searching this problem on the internet we found that users are encountering the “An error has occurred” error message in Pokemon Sleep when they download the update required to run the app.
This is happening because you are participating in the open beta test and do not delete the beta version after completion of the beta test.
To avoid this type of issue you need to uninstall the beta version before ending the testing.
How to Fix the “An error has occurred” In Pokemon Sleep
Below we have mentioned some potential methods to fix the “An error has occurred” In Pokemon Sleep.
Method 1: Uninstall the Pokemon Sleep App
As I mentioned above, you may be encountering the “An error has occurred” in Pokemon Sleep because you don’t have uninstalled the beta version of the app.
So, the potential fix for this error message is uninstalling and reinstlling the Pokemon Sleep app. The process of uninstalling and reinstalling the app is slightly different on Android and iOS devices.
Below we have mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling processes for both operating systems. You can follow the steps according to your device’s operating system.
- The shortcut to uninstall the Pokemon Sleep app is by tapping and holding the app icon.
- This will open a drop-down menu. Where select the Uninstall option and press OK.
- This will uninstall the Pokemon Sleep app.
- After that wait for a few minutes and go to Google PlayStore and search for the Pokemon Sleep app.
- Now, tap on the Install button to Reinstall the app.
- Tap and hold on to the Pokemon Sleep app icon.
- Select Remove from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Delete App from the pop-up.
- This will uninstall the Pokemon Sleep app. To reinstall the app go to App Store and search for the Pokemon Sleep app and tap on the Install button to reinstall the app.
Method 2: Clear Cache
If you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still facing the “An error has occurred” in Pokemon Sleep then the next thing you need to do is clear the app cache and data.
To do that, open the Settings app and go to Apps > Manage Apps > Pokemon Sleep > Clear Data > Clear Cache.
Method 3: Contact Customer Support
If you have tried both methods but still facing the same problem then the last thing you need to do is contact Pokemon Sleep’s customer support and report your problem and request them to help you resolve this error message.
The support team respond to your request as soon as possible and help you resolve your problem.
That’s it, we hope this guide helps you fix the “An error has occurred” in Pokemon Sleep.